Hi, We are Blake and Sophie from Norfolk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B
This is not as crazy as it sounds as 2 of my friends did exactly the same ride from the UK to Oslo to see their son last year. They are very experienced riders. They have completed the Transcontinental Race and many other ultra rides.

I have lived in Denmark for 21 years and explained that riding all the way up the West coast could be a blessing or a bit of a nightmare. It all depends which way the wind was blowing. After Esbjerg they decided to cut in land as they were fed up of fighting the headwind.

From Esbjerg to Hirtshals will be a little over 300km and contrary to popular belief. Denmark is rolling and not flat.

Wild camping in a tent is not legal in Denmark and it is frowned upon. But if you are stealthy enough. You can get away with it.

We have hundreds of free nature shelters all over Denmark. They have varying facilities from just a shelter to running water and toilets.
https://udinaturen.dk/map-page?scExtIds=6586&reg=6684,2517,2514&adScIds=

All our churches have toilets and you can drink the water in the church yards. They are often open 24 hours a day. I have slept in church toilets in the past. They are always clean. Many have heating and hot water. The trick is to get into them after 8pm.

If I can help. Let me know

This is SO helpful! Thank you so, so, so much!!!!! I'm sure we will be contacting you for help, so thank you for the offer. Best wishes to you x

OP
OP
B
Welcome!

We've just cycled Enschede to Utrecht in two days arriving today. We stayed in Apeldoorn rather than Deventer, and we'll go to Rotterdam Europoort rather than Hoek next, so almost exactly what you have planned in reverse.

It's readily doable for anyone with basic cycling fitness, though as others have said, weather dependent.

No experience of the rest I'm afraid.

Good luck with the trip!

That's great to hear, thank you.

EckyH

Do you have any experience with Flixbus?
Not personally.

One of my colleagues, his wife and their bicycles travelled with Flixbus the other week. He didn't complain, but we didn't have enough time to talk much about his journey. Unfortunately he got ill today and presumably for a longer period of time. So I'm sorry that I can't ask him for details in the next weeks.

E.

Top Bottom