Hi, newbie in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
H

Himal

Regular
Hello and thanks to all.
So I'll plan first a ride to Richmond Park and someday a night ride with the FNRttC (I need to get a front light that really light and not just to be seen).
When my family will return to France for holidays in July, I'll have more time.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've only approached Richmond Park from the south east so I don't know the best route for you. But I suspect that I'd go one way and come back the other and make my mind up about the best route afterwards. Bonne route!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Oh, and Himal, I forgot to mention cyclestreets.net. It's a good way of planning your journey - it gives 3 routes and an elevation profile so you can mix and match and choose. I haven't used Google for a while but it was hopeless when it first came out This is cyclestreet's offering: http://www.cyclestreets.net/journey/41535021/

OP
OP
H

Himal

Regular
I've only approached Richmond Park from the south east so I don't know the best route for you. But I suspect that I'd go one way and come back the other and make my mind up about the best route afterwards. Bonne route!
That's what I did.
I went by the north (A4 and A306), large streets (2x2 lanes) with traffic jam, I was able to use the side walk up on A4 to Hammersmith. Then it was nicer.
I came back by the South (A219 + A308), also traffic jam on A219, impossible to use the side walk (pedestrians) but there is a bus lane so it's possible to weave in and out.
Nice ride in Richmond, but I had cramps in calf (1st time it happens to me), I rode only 40km :-(

Top Bottom