Hi, newbie in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Himal

Regular
Dear all,
I moved to London from Paris one month ago.
I commute with a single speed.
In France I used to take my three children to school with a Bakfiets. We brought it here in order to visit London (despite my son is now a little bit too old to sit in).
I also have a Trek Madone 5.2, but I didn't discover yet where I could make some nice rides.
Regards.
Thomas

Kies

Welcome :welcome:

where in London are you living? - I'm sure there will be someone that lives close enough to show you our beautiful city

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I also have a Trek Madone 5.2, but I didn't discover yet where I could make some nice rides.
Hi Thomas. Wherever you are in London you'll probably find that it's only a short train ride to a good riding area. So if you want to go for a Saturday or Sunday morning ride you can cut out the boring riding through urban areas. Or if you start early in the morning when it's quiet you can ride out to a station and get the train back afterwards when the urban traffic is busier making riding less fun.

Edit. Just ideas... From SW7 you could go from Victoria to Caterham for the North Downs or Leatherhead for the Surrey Hills. And you're not so far from other stations too.

Last edited:

Bryony

Veteran
:welcome:

OP
OP
H

Himal

Regular
And of course, in SW7 you're within easy reach of Hyde Park Corner .... http://fnrttc.blogspot.co.uk/ ;)
Thanks Dogtrousers (mysterious name :huh:) for all these information.
I'll look on a map and I will look after the rides planned by the FNRttC ! I won't make it regularly (3 kids inside) but I will at least try once a not too long ride. London-Brighton is already 54 mi ie almost 90 km (yes I count in km !), if it's flat it should be fine but there are hills I need to train before...

Top Bottom