Hi guys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

njj73

hi guys, I'm a cycling novice, who has just acquired an old rusty Carlton and I was hoping you lot could give me some help and advice while I restore it.

Reactions: mjr

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome to the forum. There are plenty of people here who will always be willing to point you in the right direction. :welcome:

OP
OP
njj73

njj73

:welcome: There are a few of us Carlton owners on here, what one do you have ?

Now then fella, this is where the mystery starts as I don't have a clue, I have looked on many sites and found pictures of some of the bikes but some say it's a 1980 and some say it's 1960. I acquired it From the farm where it been stood outside for three years and he reckoned it was about 45 years old. It's bronze in colour and has the numerals 10 on the crossbar. I found the serial number at the rear of the bike with the wheel attaches? At the moment I am in the process of Derusting most of the components

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hello and welcome to the forum. There are plenty of people here who will always be willing to point you in the right direction. :welcome:
Up is a good direction :smile:
come-on-mister-hill.jpg

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It looks like it needs quite a bit of work. Before you go any further just see if you can free off the seat post from the frame, if you can you know you have a viable restoration.

Im not really the person to ask about how to proceed. I'd make a post in the Vintage and Classic section with those pics so that the dog can see the rabbit.

@Spokesmann is one of our resident Carlton experts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
njj73

njj73

It looks like it needs quite a bit of work. Before you go any further just see if you can free off the seat post from the frame, if you can you know you have a viable restoration.

Im not really the person to ask about how to proceed. I'd make a post in the Vintage and Classic section with those pics so that the dog can see the rabbit.

@Spokesmann is one of our resident Carlton experts.
Thank you, will do

midlife

Guru
Smart looking Carlton. 1968-73 with a number without a letter in front. There was a Corsair in bronze if memory serves.

As cycleops mentions post the pics plus more in the vintage section :smile:

Shaun

Top Bottom