Hi from Silverdale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RobWard

RobWard

I recently did a circuit from Morecambe through Crag Bank (I think this is where you meant when you said Hest Bank Rob) Silverdale, Arnside for a brew, towards Milnthorpe but turn right into Dallam Park, then down the A6, quick stop at Cinderbarrow picnic site, back to Carnforth and Morecambe. The hills around Silverdale and Arnside were a challenge for me as a new rider too, but they were relatively short and sharp. I plan to do that run again soon, and hopefully my fitness will have improved and I will improve my times.

Rob, in a month or two those mountains will become short sprints for newbies like us :becool:

In a few months it will be very dark and cold Haha! And yes, my mistake, was cragg bank. Cycle route attached.

Attachments

• 20160926_201827.jpg
    20160926_201827.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 21

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I went on holiday as a kid to a caravan park in Silverdale. It had red squirrels there, which have probably all been driven away by the grey imports by now.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Theres some great routes if you head out towards Capernwray, Dalton and Arkholme which aren't quite so hilly (although the ride up to Dalton Crags from Burton in Kendal can be 'a killer', but it's worth it). They're good lanes to get lost on. The Eagles Head at Over Kellet is a good stop off for a well earned pub lunch on the way back (Just head towards the big windmill) :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom