Helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Is it a bit OTT to own more than one helmet?

No.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have 3. And don't usually wear any of them. Somehow I convinced myself, on 3 occasions, that a less weird looking, or more comfortable, or bargain priced in the case of the Kask, would somehow encourage me to wear one. It didn't. It just reinforced my long held beliefs on helmet wearing, which can be found in the appropriate section of this forum. A place for which this thread is destined.

Edit... Make that 4. Forgot about the one that was thrown in as a sweetener with the purchase of a new bike many years ago.

Last edited:
We have 2
In theory one of my wife's but as she has never ridden "her" bike since we got it that doesn't really count

Anyway - having more than one is fine - you do what you want
especially if you have ones that are different in some way
e.g. a keen Mountain Bike person might want one with a full face helmet and a different one for when riding on roads

You might have one with integrated lights for the winter/night and one without for the rest of the time
maybe one that has lots of ventilation for hot summer days (remember them???) and another for winter

whatever - it's hardly a crime

now lycra on "some people" - now THAT'S a crime
(as my wife pointed out when we were watching the McGuniess and Harris show thingy last night - and when looking at me!!!)

Drago

Legendary Member
My life seems to be littered with utter helmets this morning.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have a few, probably 5... Four of which are Planet X cheapo's. One road helmet, one for commuting, and two MTB helmets with peaks. I don't worry about leaving it on the bike at work - if someone is daft enough to nick a £15 lid, then so be it.

One of the MTB helmets is bright green to match the 'highlights' on the MTB, and also for finding me when upside down in a gully ;)

Top Bottom