Hello from Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thatguyfromebay

I've been lurking here for a while - thought it was a good time to join while we still have snow on the ground. I'm technically a student in the UK; currently stuck at home, though, what with the virus. Can't wait to get back.

I ride a Trek 3700 - we've been together for a good ten years now - but I've been eyeing Raleighs and other steel stuff. Think it was SkipdiverJohn's posts that drew me to this forum to begin with.

Think it was SkipdiverJohn's posts that drew me to this forum to begin with.

I've quoted this, just in case we never hear the like again.

;-)

You are very welcome thatguy - but I hope the thaw comes soon, and you can get out and enjoy the real world. :smile:

OP
OP
T

thatguyfromebay

I'm from Moscow, and usually, I'll either ride around the city or head to the "parks" (more like small forest areas within the city limits).

Russia is a fantastic place to visit! You definitely won't see everything in one trip, so if you have to pick, visit Moscow and then take a train to Saint-Petersburg - it's an absolutely gorgeous city, albeit (and that's me saying it) a bit chilly. Or, if you like nature more, probably Ural mountains or lake Baikal.

Don't have to watch videos when I share a road with these drivers ^_^ nah, just kidding. While people are less accomodating of cyclists than they are in the UK (cars passing close is the norm), I rarely witness outright idiocy.
...Except the taxis. Those are pretty awful.

roley poley

Veteran
:welcome:

OP
OP
T

thatguyfromebay

More likely my "voice of reason" common sense approach of not splashing all my cash on expensive bikes....

Of a sorts - I was looking at (cheap) bikes on gumtree and saw a lot of Raleighs sold, Pioneers included. Since this brand was flat out new to me, I figured I'd find out more.

Top Bottom