Hello from Kirkcaldy, Scotland!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
darrentaytay

darrentaytay

Über Member
Hi @darrentaytay welcome to the site. I've lived in Dunfermline all my life (Now Cowdenbeath) so I know the roads you are talking about like the back of my hand.

I would say your route is good, once you get to crossgates you don't need to go anywhere near the A92, there is a road then a path that goes past the car garages, I would then follow the path through halbeath and along halbeath road, halbeath road is quite busy but its really wide and only a 30mph limit. I would stick on Halbeath road, straight over the "police station roundabout" and into East port and down the new row to comely park (saves going through the public park) which could be icy at this time of year.

If you need anybody to show you some or all of the route I would be more than happy to show you :okay:

That's brilliant, I'll need to scope out that route past the garages. Thanks alot!

Col5632

Guru
That's brilliant, I'll need to scope out that route past the garages. Thanks alot!

Good luck, you planning on doing the route everyday or build up to do it everyday?

Col5632

Guru
I'll feel a great sense of achievement when I work up the bottle to do it once ^_^

After that, I think ideally, I'd do it 2-3 times per week and a couple days in the car to take my laptop back and forth, or when I go straight to Dundee after work.

Have you been on any of they roads before? Auchtertool road ain't the best but it will be the quickest way

OP
OP
darrentaytay

darrentaytay

Über Member

Col5632

Guru
I've actually only been on one proper biking session, which was here: https://www.strava.com/activities/380773181?utm_content=11096530

I've driven all the roads to and from Kirkcaldy/Dunfermline but being from Dundee, I'm not so hot on the streets or anything which diverts away from the main roads.

If you have driven them then at least you have some idea of what they would be like on a bike, like I said earlier if you want any help with where to go or if you do the route and really hate doing it we can look at better possibly "less hilly" ways to go :okay:

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:
Good luck for your ride today :bicycle:

Top Bottom