Garmin edge 200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If yours is still available I might be tempted to have a play please
If you get it I hope that you manage to get the replacement battery working. Just be careful with the fiddly ribbon cable and you should be fine.

I have just discovered that the Edge 200 has a way of letting one ride against a virtual rider recorded in an earlier ride. That sounds like a way of making some of my very familiar routes more interesting.

I am not sure if the device simply compares the current average speed with the overall average speed of the target ride? I am hoping that it is smarter than that and compares times all along a route.

I hope to test the feature this evening using the ride data from the route that I tackled on Sunday. That loop has an 8 km climb on it so a dumb average speed comparison would get way ahead before the climb then plummet once the climbing started. I want to know how I am doing all the way round the loop.

Bobario

Veteran
I am not sure if the device simply compares the current average speed with the overall average speed of the target ride? I am hoping that it is smarter than that and compares times all along a route.

IIRC that's how it works. If your previous average speed over a route was say 14 mph and you get to a 20% gradient, your virtual partner will head up it at 14 mph! They never stop at traffic lights either.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
IIRC that's how it works. If your previous average speed over a route was say 14 mph and you get to a 20% gradient, your virtual partner will head up it at 14 mph! They never stop at traffic lights either.
Drat - that is naff! If so, I'll just split the loop into sections ('laps') and make a note of the time for each 'lap' - lap #1 = from start to foot of climb; lap #2 = climb; lap #3 = summit to home.

My test ride didn't happen because of problems with the bike.

I'll try to confirm the virtual partner naffness tomorrow!

Bobario

Veteran
Drat - that is naff! If so, I'll just split the loop into sections ('laps') and make a note of the time for each 'lap' - lap #1 = from start to foot of climb; lap #2 = climb; lap #3 = summit to home.

My test ride didn't happen because of problems with the bike.

I'll try to confirm the virtual partner naffness tomorrow!

On the plus side it does play a little tune if you beat your virtual partner.

That is very kind thank you

Charged up and took it out. All seems to be ok - i.e. everything recorded that should be recorded!

It has been a couple of years since I have used it and I was getting frustrated with it, so it must be the battery with short ride life that is not up to scratch. If you can get the battery sorted it might be fine. Its all yours if you would still like it. I do not have charging cable or handlebar mount available but I might have a couple of the O rings.

Nibor

Bewildered
Charged up and took it out. All seems to be ok - i.e. everything recorded that should be recorded!

It has been a couple of years since I have used it and I was getting frustrated with it, so it must be the battery with short ride life that is not up to scratch. If you can get the battery sorted it might be fine. Its all yours if you would still like it. I do not have charging cable or handlebar mount available but I might have a couple of the O rings.

That is fine it is fir the Mrs who is only doing an hour or so at present so the battery update may wait I will dm my details,

Top Bottom