eyup from northwich cheshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
antonypo

antonypo

Regular
:cheers::angry: been off the bike while on a long weekend break in Ludlow. Put on 5lb ! scary eh?

Steve Malkin

Veteran
:rolleyes: A big thanks for the posts.
You're spot on Steve Malkin .My run is wincham past red lion, round the lake , turn left at the rose farm through to high leigh garden centre. Turn right all the way cutting across the a556 and through Knutsford, keep going then turn right past shakerley mere through lach dennis . Finally cut across the a556 back up to lostock green but turn left for lostock. through lostock back to wincham. Theres a couple of hills i hate on this run. The one going back to lostock where Associated Octel used to be by the train station and "Lostock Ollers" hill going back to Wincham. I dont know what it is about the one by the station. It doesn't seem much but i nearly stop going up it and after 23 miles it gets to me ! I'm out on the run tomorrow morning before I go on nights. It helps me sleep in the afternoon!!!!

Sorry for not replying sooner, been away for the last week due to a family bereavement.

My usual route if I'm going in that direction is through the town and up Marbury Lane to Comberbatch, up Gibb hill and over the A556 onto Pole Lane, Hollins Lane and Hodge Lane to Arley Hall.
Then through Arley Park, left onto Budworth Road, right onto Frog Lane, right onto Park lane, then down Westage lane back to Gt Budworth, turn right and go past the ice cream farm and back up Knutsford road till I rejoin Pole lane and then retrace my steps through Comberbatch and Marbury back to home. About 19 miles door to door, and all of it on quiet country lanes, which is what I like.

The though of going on roads like the A50 / A556 just gives me the heebie jeebies, where do you cross the 556 on your route, Bucklow Hill? Mere? and on the return leg how do you get across at Lostock green? I thought they had closed the gap in the central reservation barriers there to prevent turning because it was such a death trap.:eek:

I'd quite like to explore some of those lanes on the other side of the A556, but the prospect of having to cross it always puts me off and I end up going the other way, I should probably just man up and grow a pair!!

Keep an eye out on your travels for this old Giant CADEX in a rather fetching shade of purple, and shout hello if you see me.

cadex_1.jpg

OP
OP
antonypo

antonypo

Regular
Hi Steve. Nice bike and looks like you use clips. I'm still on normal peddles.
Well I cross the A556 @ Mere Golf Club.There are traffic lights there and as you know with a cateye your time/distance/average speed stops when you do - so it doesn't matter. The other side I come out @ pennys lane then you can cross the A556 (instead of going down to the busy round about) and go up to turn left back into Lostock. I never really think bout the traffic. i only cross the 556 and go up a few hundred yards to Lostock Green anyway. Hope to see you about. I'll look out for you.

There's some great cycling around Northwich - anyone on a hybrid or MTB I'd reccomend the Whitegate way (old railway line - off highway wand well made track) and up to Delamere and back - obligatory stop at the cafe obviously :-)

Top Bottom