does this look like a scam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bikepete

Guru
the alarm bells were ringing straight away as soon as i read it,can u see any issue with him transferring the cash via pp and my mate transferring it to his actual bank account ?can it still be retracted at that point

Really it's not worth even thinking about it - it's a 100% scam and taking it further is just a waste of time, and also risks your mate's Paypal account (and via that his bank account) being messed around with by criminals. Not a good plan, even if it can be straightened out eventually it's a shed load of completely unnecessary hassle.

the alarm bells were ringing straight away as soon as i read it,can u see any issue with him transferring the cash via pp and my mate transferring it to his actual bank account ?can it still be retracted at that point
I'm not sure of the ins and outs but I believe there was a scam a while back where folk were transferring but the money although showing wasn't actually there! Once its 100% transferred (don't quote me on this) but I don't think it can be recalled.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Wr
I'm not sure of the ins and outs but I believe there was a scam a while back where folk were transferring but the money although showing wasn't actually there! Once its 100% transferred (don't quote me on this) but I don't think it can be recalled.

This information is incorrect, it can be and has been recalled. PayPal is not subject to the same laws and regulations as a financial institution as its classified as a money transfer service not a bank. They legally can and have been known to take money from accounts, and directly from bank accounts associated with PayPay. They can also legally close PayPay accounts and hold money.
The T'&C's have PayPal as the Judge and Jury

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Wr

This information is incorrect, it can be and has been recalled. PayPal is not subject to the same laws and regulations as a financial institution as its classified as a money transfer service. They legally can and have been known to take money from accounts, and directly from bank accounts associated with PayPay. They can also legally close PayPay accounts and hold money.
The T'&C's have PayPal as the Judge and Jury

http://www.paypalsucks.com/
Sorry, I was typing too quick before my dinner, Ive heard of somebody being ripped off like that through Paypal but I never realised it could be taken directly from bank accounts too.

subaqua

What’s the point
Sorry, I was typing too quick before my dinner, Ive heard of somebody being ripped off like that through Paypal but I never realised it could be taken directly from bank accounts too.

thats why you should link paypal to a credit card. its the CC companies money and they get results very sharpish.

in the OPs case . tell your mate to run like forrest gump. 100% scam

mell

yes its dodgey, he sent the exact same message to someone else so just ignore him, it was also on gumtree and it was on my paypal account but thank god nothing worked but do not give him any details he was saying he was from spain and he will pay for shipping which was £250 and in the end wanted me to pay it so cut contact fast hes a scam artist for sure.

lukesdad

Had something like this recently. The bank told me it takes 48 hrs for the funds to be transfered on a paypal transaction, not instant at all. Its why a lot of sellers state shipping only after funds have cleared.

Gary123

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to thank you all...

I was contacted this afternoon by this guy in response to my ad for a quad bike. I immediately was suspicious, so googled his email address, and found your forum!

I played his game, and guess what - exactly the same story, although he seems to now live in Ireland!

Told him he's been rumbled and to do one.

Once again, his email is altonalfred@gmail.com

Cheers!
Gary

Top Bottom