Dish washer or washing up ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
We always run the first 1.5 lt's of water that comes out of the hot tap into a 2lt container as it's not hot enough for washing up into and this water gets used either on the house plants , kettle or gets tipped into the water butt .

Interestingly, one article I read suggested that handwashing helps prevent childhood allergies by exposing growing kids to more bacteria and contaminants.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2015/02/17/peds.2014-2968

And boy that's not a bad thing is it ?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Interestingly, one article I read suggested that handwashing helps prevent childhood allergies by exposing growing kids to more bacteria and contaminants.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2015/02/17/peds.2014-2968

Excellent: Dishwashers 1 Hand Washing 0 in the which method is more hygienic debate.

Re hand washing: We speculate that a less-efficient dishwashing method may induce tolerance via increased microbial exposure.

I'm never inviting a filthy bug ridden hand-washer-upper into my house again. ^_^

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have never had a dishwasher. My mother never had a dishwasher. I am 61 and not dead yet. I think that makes the hygene arguement a non starter.

My partner and I was the dishes together while the TV is off. Its a good time to chat and we enjoy it.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you're prepared to use distorted critical thinking; then, yes, I suppose it does.:rolleyes:
Distorted critical thinking.. you are joking. Dishwashers are a modern invention. People have quite safely been washing up without one for a lot longer than we have had them. You dont need one, you just want one. It wont make you healthier than the rest of us. Its what you believe to be a convenience tool. Maybe you believe that by using one it gives you more time with your family. I know my method certainly does.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Distorted critical thinking.. you are joking. Dishwashers are a modern invention. People have quite safely been washing up without one for a lot longer than we have had them. You dont need one, you just want one. It wont make you healthier than the rest of us. Its what you believe to be a convenience tool. Maybe you believe that by using one it gives you more time with your family. I know my method certainly does.

There are a zillion things that I don't need but I want. Don't need a washing machine, don't need central heating, don't need electric lights, don't need a fridge, don't need an oven.

Don't need a dishwasher just like I don't need those things. All are modern inventions. But I've got them all and I suspect you've got all but the dishwasher

Washing up is rubbish (like washing clothes by hand) and the less I can do of it the better, regardless of which is a better method

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
When I watch these chats, I see you all in a pub, gesticulating and getting hot and bothered, like a bad, disfunctional quiz team who never wins the navvy’s breakfast.
This thread has almost enough for a short film, but I’m disappointed not to see anyone bring up The Tea Towel: Foetid Devil-Child our Plate-Buffing Angel debate. Disappointed, but patient.

Top Bottom