Deceased Cat Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
They're still not good though, as because they stretch, it's easy for a cat to get a leg through the collar if it snags on something, leading to some absolutely horrific injuries. These are injuries that will at a minimum need a skin graft, and can also lead to amputation of the skin and muscle is too badly damaged.

I have the quick release collars on mine, even though they are indoor babies, as you just never know.

The big guy loves to take his off and hide it from time to time, but its turned into a game now as he sits beside it on the floor now until I put it back on.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Cat owner was found and told. He's taken it well and the couple who took it to a vets has left their number too so he now has that number. Sounded like an old guy. Anyway, he expressed thanks for the people who found the cat on the facebook page. I think it helped him to know the cat was not alone and has been treated with respect after being hit by the car. I take the positives that I can from this sad event. Not a nice end to an otherwise good day spent at a family event.

You just never know when your pet and family member will die. A friend came home to her pet giant rabbit with a snapped neck in the picket fence. It had climbed onto its hutch to eat nextdoor's box hedge and fell between the hutch and hedge onto the fence which snapped its neck straight away. I think knowing what happened helps.

Just after I got my dog I saw a screen grab of a facebook page that was going viral. In that post a lady told the story of her 9month old dog that was jumping up to get at food in the kitchen. It was ok when she left it, probably with a look of totally false innocence, then minutes later she came back in and it was hung by its collar that had caught on a cupboard handle. Dead! It was the same breed as our dog. Ever since then first thing we do is take the collar off when indoors or in the garden. We also never thrown sticks and trained it to leave sticks alone. I knew about this issue with sticks long before we got our dog and before a friend with a dog who died due to a splinter getting into its lungs causing flluids to build up inside the lungs until it drowned in its own fluids. There are so many risks for our pets but we do our best I reckon.

Top Bottom