SimonC said:
Why were you annoyed? Do you go to work for free each day, and do things as soon as you are asked, regardless of whatever else you are doing?
As stated, they were already £12 more expensive than I could purchase them for. So far I have spent over £500 there - everything I could have purchased a fair amount cheaper on line.
Having viewed this video:
http://www.viewdo.com/now_viewing.php?id=417 which is what I am looking at doing, it works out at approximately 5 mins to do both of them. On the basis that I have spent a fair bit of money in the last 6 weeks, I would have presumed that it would be done free as I am purchasing it from them.
Personally I always use local shops when I can, however I do expect a good service from them - and charging £10 for a 5 minutes job is not what I consider good service.
Edit - I also would have been happy to book in a half hour slot - much more convenient (for me) than having to arrange a lift both ways if I have to leave it there all day. (the bike shop is 9 miles from where I work and 14 miles from where I live - which they are aware of).