Cycle Names.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was thinking how and why one of my cycles was given its name and got me thinking of names other manufacturers came up with. Some names have a sporting connection, some seem to be named after birds or rivers. Kermese, Snipe , Windrush.
My bike that I was wondering about is a Dawes Red Feather. I can't think or find much reference to why a red feather. It's not the sort of name that you would want to shout out loudly in a pub! You might get a lot of strange looks!

midlife

Guru
Not sure about Red Feather but Carlton often used names starting with a hard or sofr "C"...... Corsa, Circuit, Catalina, Corinthian, Cobra, Courette, Kermesse, Corsair, Clubman and probably a few more.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Not sure about Red Feather but Carlton often used names starting with a hard or sofr "C"...... Corsa, Circuit, Catalina, Corinthian, Cobra, Courette, Kermesse, Corsair, Clubman and probably a few more.

Yes. I have a Competition and Clubman.
Holdsworth seem to have named their bikes after winds. Cyclone, Zephyr, Whirlwind.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Is it Karakorum a mountain range and is it a mountain bike ? If so it would sound appropriate.

No it's.........

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom