Cinelli & Claud Butler and unknown drops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen13

Regular
A freecycler contacted me about some bikes that they picked up from a widower, they didnt want to take them as they were not what they were looking for but felt they had to as she wanted her late husbands stuff gone! So have passed on to me. Not only was it the bikes but also several wheels and 8 crates of parts.

Can anyone identify them at all? and the drop bars?

Any info appreciated

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Lend us a microscope.... :blink:

HovR

Über Member
Some nice bikes there. As you may already know, 531 is a good grade of Reynolds steel. The paint work also seems to be in great nick for bikes of that age.

Re: the bars, untape them, clean them up and look for any markings. I know the bars on my Dawes have identifying markings that could easily be taped over.

OP
OP
Stephen13

Stephen13

Regular
Yes Baggy, have found out it is a Majestic!

And Scilly I may be selling it? Although paint looks suss as it comes off forks very easily and looks as though forks should be fully chromed and not part painted.

raindog

er.....
You lucky barsteward ^_^
You got all that for nowt?
I remember my sprints having that particular Mavic sticker on them.
Those bars are amazing. Look like old track bars - there might be something engraved on them near the centre under that tape.

stevevw

Guru
I would also be interested in the Cinelli if you decide to sell on.
The CB is a Majestic and the bars could be 50's Raleigh they look just like my 51 Lenton bars.

Top Bottom