Cell phone question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Okay so it's only the cellular network he can't connect to. I think the best solution would be to contact your network provider there and get them to check your number. It's either the SIM card or the phone that's at fault.

is flight mode on?

No

Have you tried the old turn it off and on again, it's worked for me in the past?

Yes, no effect.

Get a big hammer!

Tempting...

Which model phone you have will help…

Galaxy A3 (2017)

Is it an Adroid phone?
If so you could try try clearing the SIM toolkit cache from within settings/apps.

Yes.
"Clearing the SIM Toolkit" isn't offered on the menu.

That's assuming he's in range of a WiFi network he can connect to.
Is there one @Andy in Germany?

Yes, it's connected to my flat W-lan.

Okay so it's only the cellular network he can't connect to. I think the best solution would be to contact your network provider there and get them to check your number. It's either the SIM card or the phone that's at fault.

I had a feeling that would be the case. I'll order a new SIM card.

BTW, to add insult to injury, the CC forum (and only the CC forum) is being so slow on occasion today that I can't use it, otherwise I'd have replied some time ago. At the moment I open a page, do something else like go shopping, come back, and wait the last two minutes before it loads. Then repeat every time I post something. I have this occasionally on CC.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning

BTW, to add insult to injury, the CC forum (and only the CC forum) is being so slow on occasion today that I can't use it, otherwise I'd have replied some time ago. At the moment I open a page, do something else like go shopping, come back, and wait the last two minutes before it loads. Then repeat every time I post something. I have this occasionally on CC.

I think that's down to @Drago's servants not going fast enough on the treadmill to power the main server.

newts

Veteran
If you click on 'storage' in the Sim toolkit kit you should get this option to clear the cache at the bottom.

Screenshot_20240517_170549_Settings.jpg

A new sim card will hopefully sort out you issues.

classic33

Leg End Member

Mark all forums read, it should speed the site up for you.

Top Bottom