Can't believe it!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen13

Regular
Just had a phonecall from a lady who wants to know if I can come and collect bikes?

She says they are from day dot, and one has an engine, and when can I come and collect?

So arranged to collect tom at 10am :smile:

Then she says "I hope you got a van as there are 8 bikes in total, OMG!

Will post pics up when I get them.

raindog

er.....
Bloody hell - why don't I receive phone calls like this? ^_^

raindog

er.....
The one with the engine will probably have something like this fitted. In the 1950s there were several kits you could buy to adapt a small petrol engine to a pushbike. Can't wait to see what's in this 'haul'.:smile:

1raleigh_all_steel_minimotor.jpg

OP
OP
Stephen13

Stephen13

Regular
Wasn't the best of bikes but ok. Bike with motors turned out to be the old pedal mopeds (pop pops as they were called) all of those were fairly old, but there was one Puch and one from the 1940's which looked really cool.

He is deciding on a price for them but wants them gone so should get them really cheap.

Post pics of haul up soon

OP
OP
Stephen13

Stephen13

Regular

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Sounds interesting, especially the bike with the 'engine'. Is it some kind of early attempt at an electric bike?
Many many years ago I learnt to ride a motorised bike called a cycle master. It had a 2 stroke engine mounted on the front wheel. Had hours and hours of fun racing it round my mates garden it also started my love of motorbikes

Top Bottom