Can anybody recommend a soda siphon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
SodaStream = something else to join the breadmaker, toastie maker, omelette maker, electric carving knife, George Foreman grill, waffle maker, slow cooker, smoothie maker, and various other POS utensils at the back of the kitchen cupboard with the doors that seldom open!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I really like fizzy water with a couple of drops of angostura bitters. Very sophisticated :smile:

Gwylan

Veteran
Since soda water is water with bicarb and CO2 added that's easy with a soda stream.
A big hint!
Gas the water, then carefully add the appropriate amount of bicarb. Start small, the results can be spectacular.

Do not add the bicarb and then gas. It can pass through messy quickly and heads on through dangerous towards and possibly past lethal very quickly.

Alex321

Guru
SodaStream = something else to join the breadmaker, toastie maker, omelette maker, electric carving knife, George Foreman grill, waffle maker, slow cooker, smoothie maker, and various other POS utensils at the back of the kitchen cupboard with the doors that seldom open!

Our breadmaker gets used 2-3 times a week (and has for about 20 years), the slow cooker and toastie maker don't get used often (though we use the ceramic insert from the slow cooker as a casserole dish quite often), the soda stream gets used quite often.

We don't own any of the other things you list. I never even knew there was such a thing as an omelet maker :smile:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I never even knew there was such a thing as an omelet maker

Sadly there is. I found it in "the middle of Lidl" in a moment of weakness. Used it once before deciding that a frying pan and a grill were less faff and produced a far superior omelette. The omelette maker then took up it's deserved place in said kitchen cupboard where it will no doubt remain for several years before I realise that the bin is the best place for it. In fairness, some of the other items I listed do get used occasionally, such as the bread maker and the George Foreman grill. As for the electric carving knife, it was a present, so I can't blame myself for that particular moment of madness.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Having just used part of my long service bonus from work to buy a soda stream i have already regretted it as mini ck 1 is drinking the bloomin pepsi like its going out of fashion , 9 litres since sat !
I didnt even see a penny of the dosh myself so im a bit peeved about it all anyway .

Gwylan

Veteran
Having just used part of my long service bonus from work to buy a soda stream i have already regretted it as mini ck 1 is drinking the bloomin pepsi like its going out of fashion , 9 litres since sat !
I didnt even see a penny of the dosh myself so im a bit peeved about it all anyway .

That's a lot of sugar - or worse chemicals.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Our breadmaker gets used 2-3 times a week (and has for about 20 years), the slow cooker and toastie maker don't get used often (though we use the ceramic insert from the slow cooker as a casserole dish quite often), the soda stream gets used quite often.

We don't own any of the other things you list. I never even knew there was such a thing as an omelet maker :smile:

Breadmaker gets hammered, at least one of the air fryer and pressure cooker used most days, ice cream maker fairly regularly. I do wonder if we should replace the K-Mix with a Kenwood Chef as it takes a wider range of accessories so maybe we could consolidate our gadgets, but £££££.

Alex321

Guru
Breadmaker gets hammered, at least one of the air fryer and pressure cooker used most days, ice cream maker fairly regularly. I do wonder if we should replace the K-Mix with a Kenwood Chef as it takes a wider range of accessories so maybe we could consolidate our gadgets, but £££££.

Surprisingly, we don't have a pressure cooker. Or an ice cream maker, but that isn't so surprising. Air fryer gets used 2-3 times a week.

Kenwood Chef may be ££££ but it lasts forever. We married in 1981, had ours as a wedding present, and it has been well hammered over those 43 years, but is still going strong.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Surprisingly, we don't have a pressure cooker. Or an ice cream maker, but that isn't so surprising. Air fryer gets used 2-3 times a week.

Kenwood Chef may be ££££ but it lasts forever. We married in 1981, had ours as a wedding present, and it has been well hammered over those 43 years, but is still going strong.

You should get the ice cream maker attachment.

Do you use any of the additional gadgets for it, or do you just keep it for the basic beating and whisking?

Top Bottom