Bike buying opinions - 11 yo moving into adult bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Prior to his recent no cycling spell we had to replace bikes every 2 years on average. Some lasted longer, some for shorter periods of time.

Our issue is we kind of don't trust the facebook / gumtree / ebay route. We can use a spanner or two but we're not that into bike maintenance. Whilst we should be able to spot a good'un or a bad'un it is still kind of a risk. We probably will end up doing that.

As far as halfords deals go, I think they do the curry style of sales pricing. Overprice for a few months then sell at market value. So £380 reduced from £475 actually just means £380 selling price if ou strip out the BS.

AT £380 for carrera would a £440 trek not be a better option for just £60 more? Plus a genuine 0% finance on that is possible with the retailer I'm thinking of.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I have nothing to add about MTB sizing, but would like to add that there's no problem with cutting seat posts. I've just cut an inch off a carbon post on my road bike. Bottle cage fixings being the problem. Just don't cut off too much!

Top Bottom