Audax: Kings & Queens of Mercia, Sat 7th Sep

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

UPDATE: I got an email yesterday from the organiser saying there was an error in the cue sheet. Yesterday's email contained the corrected cue sheet, so be sure to use that one.

I think there may be some more fine tuning to the route sheet so wouldn't rush to print it...

NB The controls are the mandatory bits of the event. The suggested route between them is merely advisory so changing it to avoid that A50 roundabout etc isn't considered cheating! Two years ago I meandered all over the place to feed my VeloViewer tile obsession so there are few easy pickings now 🙁

As the forecast currently looks decent I will be on the summer bike - a Trek Domane with a bar bag and high-mounted tri-bars.

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

I think there may be some more fine tuning to the route sheet so wouldn't rush to print it...

NB The controls are the mandatory bits of the event. The suggested route between them is merely advisory so changing it to avoid that A50 roundabout etc isn't considered cheating! Two years ago I meandered all over the place to feed my VeloViewer tile obsession so there are few easy pickings now 🙁

As the forecast currently looks decent I will be on the summer bike - a Trek Domane with a bar bag and high-mounted tri-bars.

Thanks for the info, very useful!
Say hello if you see me. I'll be glad for the company if I can tag along with you. I'll be on the Allez (and probably wearing the same kit) as in the photo.

@Mazz - it was good to meet you at the start of yesterday's audax before I got swept along with the crowds rushing to escape from Leicester! Pretty sure I spotted you arriving at the 120k control just as I was leaving so I hope you got round OK and enjoyed it even if it was in a Type2 fun kind of way. It was a pretty drab day with mist, drizzle and a bit of proper rain but warm enough that I didn't bother with the rain jacket until I set off for home.

OP
OP
Mazz

Mazz

@Mazz - it was good to meet you at the start of yesterday's audax before I got swept along with the crowds rushing to escape from Leicester! Pretty sure I spotted you arriving at the 120k control just as I was leaving so I hope you got round OK and enjoyed it even if it was in a Type2 fun kind of way. It was a pretty drab day with mist, drizzle and a bit of proper rain but warm enough that I didn't bother with the rain jacket until I set off for home.

Yes mate it was good to see you too. I lost you early on at several traffic lights heading out of Leicester!😆 In the end I tagged along with a group of 3 others who were really nice and friendly. Yes that was me at the 120k control. Shame about the weather towards the end, I'm just glad it wasn't cold.

Top Bottom