Appropriate registration numbers on cars...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
453726777_528068613082513_6843773599771225295_n.jpg

I want this, but not the car!

IMG_1049.jpeg

Gunk

Guru
Get caught twice and the DVLA will withdraw the plate. IMHO they should withdraw it first time they're nabbed.

If the DVLA really enforced illegal spacing they wouldn’t have a business, what they do at the moment is just scratching the surface, there doesn’t seem to be any motivation to really deal with it, I’ve seen numerous plod driving straight past a car with an absolute piss take of a plate, I don’t think they can be bothered with the paperwork.

Look at the mount of complete tat that goes through their auction, the only value in the plate is to butcher it, and the DVLA are complicit in that.

The real solution is for the DVLA themselves to press them all in aluminium, ban third party manufacturers and set a date that they all have to be replaced. It’ll never happen so Shinyplates show plates will keep peddling this illegal crap whilst the demand exists.

If the DVLA really enforced illegal spacing they wouldn’t have a business, what they do at the moment is just scratching the surface, there doesn’t seem to be any motivation to really deal with it, I’ve seen numerous plod driving straight past a car with an absolute piss take of a plate, I don’t think they can be bothered with the paperwork.

Look at the mount of complete tat that goes through their auction, the only value in the plate is to butcher it, and the DVLA are complicit in that.

The real solution is for the DVLA themselves to press them all in aluminium, ban third party manufacturers and set a date that they all have to be replaced. It’ll never happen so Shinyplates show plates will keep peddling this illegal crap whilst the demand exists.

It is clearly illegal but there is normally no harm in it

and it is often done by idiots (not always) and it does give the Police a handy excuse to pull them over and see if anything else looks (or smells) a bit dodgy!

Gunk

Guru
It is clearly illegal but there is normally no harm in it

and it is often done by idiots (not always) and it does give the Police a handy excuse to pull them over and see if anything else looks (or smells) a bit dodgy!

The other positive is that the car displaying the shite plate is usually driven by a complete tool, so you get plenty of warning

Drago

Legendary Member
It's not automatically harmless fun. One of the considerations of the plate layout and format is maximising the opportunity that a witness could read it pretty much at a glance. Despite the legends ANPR reads them easily enough, it's witnesses to naughty deeds that may struggle to read and recall a plate who's layout is abnormal and thus unintuitive.

Top Bottom