Anyone used the Carradice Bagman 2 support?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I stopped using my Carradice as I didn't think much of the original bagman support.
Has anyone got any first hand experience with the bagman 2 support?

cnb

Veteran
Yep. I've reverted back to my panniers..I couldnt get the nelson longflap bag to sit right using the bagman...Ho hum!!!!

I stopped using my Carradice as I didn't think much of the original bagman support.
Has anyone got any first hand experience with the bagman 2 support?

What did you find wrong with the Bagman Gaz, was it the Q/R or the normal one?

The new one isnt worth more than the old I feel, the weight limit is still the same and I dont think it needs the extra supports (which I couldnt use anyway as my rack is attached to those bolts)

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
What did you find wrong with the Bagman Gaz, was it the Q/R or the normal one?

The new one isnt worth more than the old I feel, the weight limit is still the same and I dont think it needs the extra supports (which I couldnt use anyway as my rack is attached to those bolts)
There was a fault (which carradice knew about) in the Q/R bagman support which meant that after a while the bolts inside would wear away due to strain and the support would then not sit right and started to swing.
This was a problem when out of the saddle and moving the bike side to side.

cnb

Veteran
It was (is) the orig support...I dont know what the cause of the problem is..The saddle bag just does'nt hang right..So i've given up faffing with it...

andrew_s

Legendary Member
The new support must be used with the two struts.If you leave them off it will break in due course. If you are using a rack as well, just use a longer bolt with the rack mount on the frame side.

The old version had a steel support frame that allowed quite a lot of bounce on rough roads. The same bounce on the aluminium support of the mark 2 version will fatigue and break it up at the top where it joins the rail clamp. I believe that the support is welded to the clamp block and won't come loose like the earlier version bit if you didn't fix it.

Reactions: gaz
Ah right, an issue for you yes but thats not a problem for me lol I dont cycle as fast, or out the saddle as much, as you lol:blush:

It does bounce doesnt it! Checked when I got home and I actually use a couple of 'clamp ons' for my rack as brakes are in the way of the normal bolts, this MkII would probably fit quite well.

Would like to have one now knowing what you said, it sounds a lot better for fatser riders, which aint me :blush:

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom