Anyone recommend some modern Jazz?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
If you like the jump jive stuff then that's nearing on jazz but its not jazz . There is a whole scene going on for jump jive rock and roll etc . Some of the new bands are amazing and drag up old tracks you would never know about .
Big sandy was a fave of mine when I played bass on the scene .

OP
OP
simon the viking
The stuff I've mentioned so far is not the same style as the |joe Jackson stuff... but this is kinda where it comes from...

and

Cant listen to Cab Calloway without thinking of The Blues Brothers.... I do love that track,, apparently he was known to duet with Al Jolson

Saluki

World class procrastinator
But I've downloaded an old Joe Jackson Jazz album my brother had on vinyl called Jumpin Jive and I reckon its fab is anyone recording new music like that.... I don't want old stuff re-mastered but new material in a jazz style.... Any suggestions that I can try ....?
I love that album, it's on my iPod and has helped me up many a hill :thumbsup: I'm not a big jazz fan but I do love a bit of Joe Jackson. Actually I love a lot of Joe Jackson.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The stuff I've mentioned so far is not the same style as the |joe Jackson stuff... but this is kinda where it comes from...

and

Lets not forget Mr Prima ...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-a8kLtJSJ4

ayceejay

Guru
I think it is the words 'Modern Jazz' that has thrown people off because we are not talking Milt Jackson but Joe Jackson let alone Gerry Mulligan or Paul Desmond are we?
I think we might be talking Steely Dan or Talking Heads.

Top Bottom