Anyone ever won the tour de France prize on TV ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Been watching the tour de France on itv4 for years and watching it tonight got me thinking about the big prize offered every year.
Has anyone on cc won it know anyone who has ?
Don't recall it being announced but the closing date is in August?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Been watching the tour de France on itv4 for years and watching it tonight got me thinking about the big prize offered every year.
Has anyone on cc won it know anyone who has ?
Don't recall it being announced but the closing date is in August?
I haven't won yet but I hope to be getting my £20k and £20k worth of Ribble vouchers in August! :okay:

It isn't just 1 competition - there are several (3?) different ones but I only do 1 competition entry for £2. They each have a 5 entries for £5 option.

ColinJ

I think the tdf competition is the only one i pay to enter , im still waiting for my 10+ years of winnings :smile:
Same here.

I have won thousands of pounds in cash (plus miscellaneous material prizes) in free competitions over the years so I think that blowing £2 on one of the TdF competitions isn't really a big deal.

Obviously, I am actually slightly less optimistic about winning than I suggested above! :okay:

I am very good at tiebreaker competitions but unfortunately they are now very rare. Most people are evidently thought to be too impatient to sit down, concentrate, and come up with something interesting/funny/thought-provoking/moving...

For a chance to win 10,000 roubles, describe in no more than 5 million words the cruel chaos inflicted on one nation by another.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Same here.

I have won thousands of pounds in cash (plus miscellaneous material prizes) in free competitions over the years so I think that blowing £2 on one of the TdF competitions isn't really a big deal.

Obviously, I am actually slightly less optimistic about winning than I suggested above! :okay:

I am very good at tiebreaker competitions but unfortunately they are now very rare. Most people are evidently thought to be too impatient to sit down, concentrate, and come up with something interesting/funny/thought-provoking/moving...

For a chance to win 10,000 roubles, describe in no more than 5 million words the cruel chaos inflicted on one nation by another.

i have won a big fat zero :smile:

ColinJ

entered the ribble and van rysel competitions
You can take the Van Rysel - I’m bagging the Ribble! :laugh:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I won a bottle of whisky in a Xmas eve raffle at work. BITD when everyone worked on Xmas eve.

I gave it to my dad, as I've never been keen on whisky

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I won a bottle of whisky in a Xmas eve raffle at work. BITD when everyone worked on Xmas eve.

I gave it to my dad, as I've never been keen on whisky

i won a bottle of whiskey at a school raffle when i was about 9-10 , they let me take him home ,It did get given away as no one in the family drank .My dad worked at bass and he didnt like beer ;)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've never been into gambling, which the quiz must be if you have to pay to enter in the hope you win. Even if it was free I couldn't be bothered entering as all I've won in life is £50 on the Premium Bonds in 1978 and £500 on a working man's club's annual draw in 1989. Ok, I bought a 20p ticket to win £500 but I was kind of forced into it by work colleagues. You know how it is. 'Come on get your wallet out, don't be so tight'! :rolleyes:

Edit.....Just remembered I won £20 with a 50p bet in 2006 on a football, write your name under a team and see if it's the winner card.

Last edited:
Top Bottom