Never understood why they come half way up the calf, if I'm out on the bike I want as much as a tan as I can get so I usually nick daughters trainer type socks, or I have a couple of pairs of Lidl ones for best.
I still have a pair of those.Found them tucked in the back of a drawer.Might get myself a pair of plus fours and wear them again.Anyone got an oilskin cape.
I think the reason I bought into cycling socks was because I come from a running background where running socks are an absolute essential. I don't think cycling socks make any noticeable difference though.
It really depends, decent running or cycling socks in my winter boots when it's getting warm are a real god send, actually any sock with the seams in the right place & the material is the right balance of breathable + warmth. However once it gets gets much bellow 16C then any cheap sports sock will do.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.