Aldis cycling equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know this subject has probably been discussed to death on this forum.

I have purchased some of the specials cycling equipment from Aldis what a mixed bag its is.
The frogs eyes light 2.99 for two see great but the batteries in them seem to almost die instantly.

Water proof cycling Jacket fantastic good quality for the money, not seen a jacket of quality on sale anywhere for the price.

What are other peoples experiences of Aldis cycling products?

Drago

Legendary Member
Like yours. Either very good or s***e,with little in between.

teeonethousand

I bought a maintenance stand from there (might have been Lidl but same idea) and it has been perfect. Likewise when I first started up again I rode for first couple years in a pair of their trainers and cycling shorts/tops. I think adequate quality is sometimes good enough.

OP
OP
markharry66
I bought a maintenance stand from there (might have been Lidl but same idea) and it has been perfect. Likewise when I first started up again I rode for first couple years in a pair of their trainers and cycling shorts/tops. I think adequate quality is sometimes good enough.

Jacket I purchased seems really good quality for the money where as the lights I could easy just chuck as no value at all just die quickly not sure if its the cheap batteries they come with or just a poor product.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Variable these days. I still have about three of their soft shell jackets which are still holding up well after 10 years. Great for early winter commutes with just a base layer under. Also have a pair of windproof bibs, again, holding up well on the commute.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I found the shoes used to crack across the sole after about 6 months and whilst the clothing was ok the sizing was off as the smallest size was a medium which equated to a uk large .

rualexander

Legendary Member
Bought a set of these lights last week for £12.99
Seem very good.
Brake light function on rear light works well.
Front light auto brightness setting seems good too and beam shape has a sharp cutoff to prevent dazzling others.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/bikemate-led-bike-light-set/p/835912798426200

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
the first bit of Aldi kit i bought was a soft-shell jacket. Whilst stood in the queue, a guy in front was return some cycling longs he'd purchased, saying "I don't know what body they made these for but it's not human." ...when i got home and tried on the jacket, i thought the very same,. There was so much room in the front of it i could have put a couple of pillows inside, and not being shaped like a pigeon, i returned it.

The usb rechargeable front lights on the other hand are awesome, so much better than the Moon Meteor costing 4x the price.

Top Bottom