Airfryers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRHysted

Guru
Very dry chips, gone back to deep frying.

OP
OP
Leedsbusdriver

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
I dont see the point myself. If you want a healthier lifestyle - eat salad, if you want to be a fat bast**d - eat chips.

Harsh but fair^_^ I do eat salad and eat healthily but i do like the odd portion of chips.And of course it will be used for more than cooking chips.

shortone

We manly use ours for diced potatoes rather than chips and tend to season them with different spices. It asks you to use a teaspoon of oil to cook with but again we tend to add olive oil instead. We usually do a small bowl to have with our salads and the kids love them too. Also makes pretty good roasties.
For those that don't eat chips at all then they are not worth it, but for people who currently use a deep fat frier it's a healthier compromise.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Wash your mouth out young man,up north we use dripping none of that lardy da rubbish:hungry:

I've heard the practice of frying chips in dripping has been largely abandoned down South, with most places now using vegetable oil. My friend is a Vegetarian, so she knows this from asking what they're frying in at many, many different Chippies. Apparently frying in dripping gives a better taste, has anyone done a blind taste test?

Top Bottom