Airfryers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
I am looking to purchase an airfryer to cut down on the need for a deep fat fryer (mostly for chips).Having looked around i see that the Tefal actifry seems a popular choice,though there is the Phillips airfryer which is cheaper.
I am leaning towards this one.Yes it seems expensive but i don't mind paying the extra for the extra quality and larger capacity.
So does anybody on here have any experiences with airfriers and are they worth the money? And more importantly do they make good chips!:hungry:

:ohmy: How much?!

Go the chippy

hmmmm...

Put some fat (or oil) on tray in hot oven - vary amount of oil dependong on your taste.

Cut potatoes into chip size (not too thick, maybe 1cm square x-section). Boil for around 10-12 minutes. Drain. Take tray out of oven and put chips on, turning gently to coat. Back in oven, turn in around 5 minutes, take out when ready depending on how crispy you like them.

Lovely, healthy (ish), cheap.

shortone

We have the family actifry and wouldn't change it for the world.
It's not just about being the healthier option but also ease of use. No hot fat to worry about. Just switch on and leave until done.
Cut chips, chuck in along with some garlic and chilli and just leave to do its thing.
It can cook a whole host of things.
They are not cheap and the rotating paddle is delicate as are other parts so they do have to be looked after.

Maz

Guru
I know there are no such things as healthy chips,I just want healthier chips.
Use vegetable oil instead of lard.

OP
OP
Leedsbusdriver

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
We have the family actifry and wouldn't change it for the world.
It's not just about being the healthier option but also ease of use. No hot fat to worry about. Just switch on and leave until done.
Cut chips, chuck in along with some garlic and chilli and just leave to do its thing.
It can cook a whole host of things.
They are not cheap and the rotating paddle is delicate as are other parts so they do have to be looked after.

Yes having read the reviews on Amazon the consensus seems to be that they are great but prone to breaking.I guess the idea will be not to over load the machine so as not to strain the motor and paddle.

Top Bottom