205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks like he's hammering up the old A1 towards Northallerton.

He will need to track north west a bit soon.

The B roads passing through Catterick look a reasonable bet.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Tracker is showing 200.45 miles :bravo:

(ok with the under-read he'll have passed 200 a while ago, but anyway)

He's still someway to go to Richmond then...a long day in the saddle.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Staying east of the A1's a good idea, the other side is hillier. Most audaxes I've done round there head for Scorton and then West to Brompton on Swale. Does mean you finish with a hill though.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Staying east of the A1's a good idea, the other side is hillier. Most audaxes I've done round there head for Scorton and then West to Brompton on Swale. Does mean you finish with a hill though.

Ah, I can see these routes are not just thrown together.

Short of dropping down from the north, the road into Richmond that Steve will take is the least steep.

Even I managed it, although I used the raised path and stopped for a breather at a park bench on the way up.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Having said all that, he's stayed on the old A1 north of Northallerton, which all but rules out the Scorton/Brompton route.

I think the plan may be to turn left in a few miles, track through the Cowton villages, and join the A road which enters Richmond from the North East.

The last bit will be level and down hill in parts.

Should make for a quick finish, even after 200+ miles.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Having said all that, he's stayed on the old A1 north of Northallerton, which all but rules out the Scorton/Brompton route.

I think the plan may be to turn left in a few miles, track through the Cowton villages, and join the A road which enters Richmond from the North East.

The last bit will be level and down hill in parts.

Should make for a quick finish, even after 200+ miles.

Barton and Scotch corner, he must be feeling good to throw in the extra Teesdale loop. That being said, the routes through Skeeby or Melsonby are both fun :smile:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Just to be clear, the 'like' is for the trivia not what Mr Garbutt did.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
I was thinking the same, but he's got a support car behind him at the moment, and he's stopped in the village rather than the truck stop. Could also be a puncture.

Top Bottom