205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
and a tnm to @srw

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Anyone know what happened to tommy on 28th october, it is the only day he recorded zero miles.
He did 200+ miles the day before and the day after, so i doubt he was ill.
Just looking at the mileage through the summer months makes me feel sick, daily figures of plus 250 miles, one day was 350!!
According to his website, he had a day off.

ChrisV

Formerly CC2014
Was thinking, for fundraising purposes, maybe some kit can be auctioned off as he goes along. Like if he changes a tyre, sell the old one as a bit of sporting history, or some t shirts etc.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Was thinking, for fundraising purposes, maybe some kit can be auctioned off as he goes along. Like if he changes a tyre, sell the old one as a bit of sporting history, or some t shirts etc.

It hasa been suggested before ,good idea but would need someone to organize it. Steve has support but not that much that anyone has spare tiome on their hands to take on more.

Personally I would love a worn out cassette or something on a shiny plaque.

RedRider

Pulling through
According to the tracker app he's only done 48 miles so far today versus Tarzan's 983. Surely some mistake❕

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
That will be on the TT bike. It's not that uncommon a strategy for flat riding (it's very flat round there). On the flat he will be spending hours in one position, and not actually getting out of the saddle at any point.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I gather from YACF that Kurt, who's riding well, is planning a 7th day rest. So while he looks to have started out stronger than SA did, if the rest day report is correct, he will lose his edge the day after tomorrow.
oyttDay14.png

Top Bottom