2006 Brompton m3l

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
neilrichardson55

neilrichardson55

My original Fibrax pads lasted about 600 miles before the fronts were worn down to the metal holders.

(And this was before I had my 40mph downhill as part of my regular commute).

Replaced with the Swissstop pads which are much better and last longer.

the swissstop were like the standard pads now ? ill have a look out :smile: i think they will fit in the alloy backs that fibrax use ? worth a try :smile:

Last edited:

Kell

Veteran
Swissstop BXP Flashpro are the ones you want. Blue ones for rim brakes.

The blue compound supposedly has extra wet weather performance.

bxp_detail_1.jpg

They come in sets of 4, so you can do front and back at the same time. I find I need some needle-nosed pliers to take the old ones out (you'll also need a very small hex key). Just be careful when you're buying that you don't buy the full type as they come with the holders which you don't need.

OP
OP
neilrichardson55

neilrichardson55

Swissstop BXP Flashpro are the ones you want. Blue ones for rim brakes.

The blue compound supposedly has extra wet weather performance.

View attachment 741236

They come in sets of 4, so you can do front and back at the same time. I find I need some needle-nosed pliers to take the old ones out (you'll also need a very small hex key). Just be careful when you're buying that you don't buy the full type as they come with the holders which you don't need.

ive just order some to try, thankyou for info :smile: i have the decathlon ones on at the moment i have some hairy moments with them.

OP
OP
neilrichardson55

neilrichardson55

Well I’m 17 stone and have a 40mph downhill as part of my regular commute. Swisstops hold up well.

:O) tryed and tested :smile: ive ordered some so i hope when i get back from my holiday :smile:

Top Bottom