2000 lumen magicshine availible !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I find it really hard to photograph light output accurately as the cameras metering always takes over and skews the result. I'll sort out some on the bar action shots tho! :thumbsup:

BSRU

A Human Being
I don't get any heat issues at all, and yes I understand that the internals would be of a better quality in the more expensive unit. My only point really is the rediculous cost of these high end lights, and do they really perform that much better to be worth it? Also just how much light do you need? My cheapo version (and I only use a single) throws really far with a really nice, wide field of view, who needs more than that?

I wouldn't call Magicshine a high end light;).

I understand about using torches I have done the same, the advantage of not using torches is you do not have the weight of the batteries on your handlebars. Not a problem if you only have one but the more you add the more of a problem it becomes.

BSRU

A Human Being
I looked at the beam shots on EBay and it's like a car driving around on main beam. There is so much light spill it's only useful for off road.
It states an 82 degree light pattern, way too wide for road use.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I looked at the beam shots on EBay and it's like a car driving around on main beam. There is so much light spill it's only useful for off road.
It states an 82 degree light pattern, way too wide for road use.

I must admit that i taped a piece of cardboard across the top most part of my standard MS light to stop vehicles flashing me on unlit lanes , i do not lose any of the light on the road and for what the light cost i am happy to spend 5 minutes on a mod .

Light spill is an interesting subject , you do you need enough to see the road but not too much , torches i found tend to have a very tight beam pattern and can sometimes not give a wide enough beam.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I wouldn't call Magicshine a high end light;).

I understand about using torches I have done the same, the advantage of not using torches is you do not have the weight of the batteries on your handlebars. Not a problem if you only have one but the more you add the more of a problem it becomes.

Thats a good point. But an extra £80 to spend to save a few grams worth of battery on the bars? Really?

Cubist

Still wavin'
More than one? Surely not?
028.jpg

Top Bottom