2000 lumen magicshine availible !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
For those who want a lot of light this looks like a lot of bang for your buck , you could run 2 standard MS off 1 battery with a y splitter but this does look nice ........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magicshin...ing_LightsLanternsTorches&hash=item3a6d026a02

201111196214696.jpg

picture of a light test ...

Road.JPG

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
OMFG :becool:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would buy this when you can buy 2 ultrafire XM-l t6's for £14 each which are the same emitter.

I have 1 of them, bought an extension tube so it takes 2 x 18650's for a fiver. I now have a huge light that'll burn for over 2.5 hours for £20.

wakou

Über Member
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would buy this when you can buy 2 ultrafire XM-l t6's for £14 each which are the same emitter.

I have 1 of them, bought an extension tube so it takes 2 x 18650's for a fiver. I now have a huge light that'll burn for over 2.5 hours for £20.
Where did you get the 'extension tube'? I have a light that takes 3x AAA, but it is not bright when using rechargeables, I think because of the lower voltage they offer, I would like to use a 18650 (?) instead...

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
The Magicshine mj808 runs off 4x18650 the one CK has linked to runs of 6x18650 so attaching 2x18650 to the same emmiter is not going to give the same output from an identical LED. Also I suppose it is the ability to buy something that is already put together and specific to the bike rather than buying components to add together to get the same result that will appeal to most.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
The Magicshine mj808 runs off 4x18650 the one CK has linked to runs of 6x18650 so attaching 2x18650 to the same emmiter is not going to give the same output from an identical LED. Also I suppose it is the ability to buy something that is already put together and specific to the bike rather than buying components to add together to get the same result that will appeal to most.

Im afraid I beg to differ. As the input voltage will always remain the same (3.7v) the output will be the same, just burn time will increase with more cells in series.

The XM-L T6 is max rated at 1000 lumens anyway, so it'll never go over that. In reality with the heat around the emitter it'll likely only be about 3/5ths of that anyway at best.

The only advantage of this unit will be the external battery pack giving a longer life.

As for putting together components. The faff in fiddling with a clamp (which I got with the light for free) an extension tube (which I only use on long rides) does not justify £75 more for the 'bespoke unit' IMHO

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
How hot does your torch get? Heat dissipation is the biggest issue with these high powered LEDs which also effects life span. Another difference will be the driver used to supply current to these LEDs. Not dissing your £14 torch just trying to understand where the money goes? Waiting on on T6 bike light coming from China which was still more than your £14 light but loads cheaper than the Lumicycle jobs used by one or two on here!

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I don't get any heat issues at all, and yes I understand that the internals would be of a better quality in the more expensive unit. My only point really is the rediculous cost of these high end lights, and do they really perform that much better to be worth it? Also just how much light do you need? My cheapo version (and I only use a single) throws really far with a really nice, wide field of view, who needs more than that?

Mike!

Guru

Matt - any pics of the light in action and it on your bars? I'm looking into getting something better for part of my commute and night riding across some heathland / woods and was thinking of magicshine but i prefer the cleaner look of an all in one solution rather than strapping battery packs to the frame if i'm honest!

Top Bottom