17th April 2015 Night Ride to Bognor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I'm not on this ride.....

@Aperitif space for another Martin.
So kind, Adrian. I'm working on the Saturday morning. Been a while since I had a beer at Bognor, let alone at 08:00 or thereabouts.
2011 - combat ready:
2rdbuqp.jpg

"What's 56 times 23 divided by 7? Quick, or we'll let yer tyres down!" Des and Matt keeping spirits high.
2dlt7bl.jpg

And, watch out for the early-season hedge trimmings along the route...
4h8lsh.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry peeps, I am going to have to duck out of this ride. I have family stuff I need to do on the Saturday morning.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Unfortunately, I have to pull out as well. Will be doing a 300k Audax starting at midnight this Friday (from Manningtree), and have a non-cycling life commitment on the afternoon of the Saturday after the Bognor Ride.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Quick update.
The discovery of massive oil reserves at Gatwick, shouldn't impact our mid way stop, unless the USA prematurely invade the UK, to bring us freedom and democracy.
There is good news in that my sources inform me that the Gurkha Bridge route is reasonably dry. So if this hood weather holds, we may go this way.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
I am really just checking that everyone is reading this thread.
I haven't been but will do so from now on. I am still planning on coming, possibly with a new hub dynamo lighting my way. Anyone thinking of a SMRbtH at least back to somewhere like Croydon?

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Unfortunately, I have to pull out as well. Will be doing a 300k Audax starting at midnight this Friday (from Manningtree), and have a non-cycling life commitment on the afternoon of the Saturday after the Bognor Ride.
That's a pity but understandable. Have heard from @mmmmartin how he did this weekend. Did you go OK too?

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
Our up to date list. I will be sending out a briefing email today. Please let me know if you have't received anything by Monday.

Adrian C
Andrew F
Claudine C
Eddie C
Frank P
Geoff S
Gordon P
Greg S
Greg T
Jason B
Jeremy C
Joe H (from halfway)
John M
Kim W
Lee W
Lez Y
Malcolm S
Martin W
Mary Lei
Mick B
Nigel C
Olaf S
Phil W
Rebecca O
Rob H(from halfway)
Rob Hale
Simon Y
Stuart A
Tim D

Last edited:
Oh joy! Trout Lane, Barns Green has been re-surfaced... in true WSCC style though, only the worst section, so that leaves a small section that requires caution. But Stream Lane, West Chilt is horrendous. Very wet to start and full of potholes on the left. Take care!!

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
I've sent the email out to the 30 registered riders, so please check your inboxes. Weather forecast looks promising! I've also had a little moan about rear lights, after the experience of being badly dazzled on the Bognor ride, by someone who had a laser powered light that was pointing upwards, right into the eyes of anyone following.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've sent the email out to the 30 registered riders, so please check your inboxes. Weather forecast looks promising! I've also had a little moan about rear lights, after the experience of being badly dazzled on the Bognor ride, by someone who had a laser powered light that was pointing upwards, right into the eyes of anyone following.
Received. Light charging labours start tomorrow...Will check at work if I can get out the door in time for earlier train. If not, the next one gets into Waterloo only four minutes later than my usual one from Pompey, so no problem.

Top Bottom