105 di2 groupset - price differences.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
The only thing not included in the Merlin offer is rotors. Which aren't "a helluva lot more" - £35 for the pair, in either 140 or 160mm..

They include shifters, brake hoses, brake callipers (and pads), battery, wires, bottom bracket, chainset, cassette, and both mechs. What more do you think would be included in a groupset?

The Balfes one doesn't include the bottom bracket, or the wires.

Also available from Fawkes for £999, include rotors, but not bottom bracket
https://fawkes-cycles.co.uk/shimano-105-di2-12-speed-disc-brake-groupset-p30624

Yeah must admit that comment confused me as well. Thanks for clarifying.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I already have it and think it's great. But have the chance to update to 12 speed at quite a saving over RRP.

i have only just begrudgingly gone to 11 speed on one bike.

si_c

Guru
i have only just begrudgingly gone to 11 speed on one bike.

I'm tempted by it for the best bike, but I had only just standardised all my bikes on 11 speed 105 when they released 12 speed and my power meters are crank based, so wouldn't match.

If I get a new bike, for sure it will be 12 speed though.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Di2 the biggest con perpetrated on the leisure cycling public by Shimano. Buy into it by all means if you're well off.

Made worse by Shimano effectively announcing the end of life for their Tiagra/Sora/Claris range, which seems to explain the mass of the more affordable bikes coming with seven speed Tourney fitted which seems a terrible result for anyone buying a bike right now. Shimano have effectively created a massive black hole between the entry level and the high end 105 and up groupsets.

Jameshow

Veteran
Made worse by Shimano effectively announcing the end of life for their Tiagra/Sora/Claris range, which seems to explain the mass of the more affordable bikes coming with seven speed Tourney fitted which seems a terrible result for anyone buying a bike right now. Shimano have effectively created a massive black hole between the entry level and the high end 105 and up groupsets.

Clues?

Alex321

Guru

That "hole" is filled by CUES, which include 8, 9, 10, 11 speed versions.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
That "hole" is filled by CUES, which include 8, 9, 10, 11 speed versions.

Hopefully we will see it soon.

Top Bottom