Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Yes, 700km+ so far. Less users, so find the (race) series that runs regularly each week. But don't expect more than 20-50 riders in each race (might change now!). No categorization in normal (race) events, so you will be racing a mix of "Zwift" A-D riders. If you want proper racing with little chance of cheaters, do the Sunday Race Club races with real prize money to be won... Just be aware that you have to supply weigh-in videos and dual recording for each event!

Up until recently the main barrier for MyWhoosh was the somewhat steep PC requirements, but with the release of the "MyWhoosh Go" version recently, even those who uses old PCs (or office laptops) will get an OK experience.
Apple TV version is also released (or close to final release?). The whining has stopped on the MyWhoosh pages, so I guess the ATV-people is happy now? Amazing how loud/annoying they can be about when a free platform will support THEIR low-end device, instead of themselves buying a device that can handle that platform (and all others too)...

The draft on MyWhoosh is different (less), so the exagerated speed of Zwift is not there, meaning doing something like the Rapha 500 will take longer. :smile:.

Nice summary, cheers.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned MyWhoosh. Apart from the naff name, it looks like the rising star to me. Anyone tried it?

i did look at it but my laptop didnt meet minimum specs , probably graphics

Brusgaard

Über Guru
i did look at it but my laptop didnt meet minimum specs , probably graphics

The GO version requires a 6th gen. Intel (from 2015) or equivalent, which in many terms is an old laptop (about the same speed as an office desktop PC from 2011). Windows 11 only supports 8th gen. and forward, so the older ones will become obsolete October next year when Windows 10 support stops.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Just like others have said, I strongly agree that when compared to real-life riding, Zwift is much cheaper.

Naturally, there will always be those saying that they don't like it - just like there will always be people saying they don't like drop bars, they don't like carbon, they don't like steel, they don't like MTB, they don't like this and that and that other thing as well.

What a lot of cyclists are really good at is telling other cyclists how they should enjoy their hobby; that they're having fun the wrong way. Please try and avoid that @fossyant, coming on here and saying you don't like it makes about as much sense as me coming onto the MTB section and saying that getting muddy is stupid. It's narrow-minded, and quite frankly a waste of everyone's time.

As for the actually relevant discussion: I agree with some that even at the increased pricing Zwift is a bargain. Annual gym membership where I live is about £400 so compared to that it's much cheaper.

As for MyWhoosh I don't like who's pushing it. I make an active effort in life not to buy stuff made in China, UAE, Russia and other places with a dodgy track record on civil liberties. Main reason why I bought a bike manufactured in the EU.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The GO version requires a 6th gen. Intel (from 2015) or equivalent, which in many terms is an old laptop (about the same speed as an office desktop PC from 2011). Windows 11 only supports 8th gen. and forward, so the older ones will become obsolete October next year when Windows 10 support stops.

its a win 11 laptop but when i tried to install there was an issue

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Just like others have said, I strongly agree that when compared to real-life riding, Zwift is much cheaper.

What a lot of cyclists are really good at is telling other cyclists how they should enjoy their hobby; that they're having fun the wrong way. Please try and avoid that @fossyant, coming on here and saying you don't like it makes about as much sense as me coming onto the MTB section and saying that getting muddy is stupid. It's narrow-minded, and quite frankly a waste of everyone's time.

As for the actually relevant discussion: I agree with some that even at the increased pricing Zwift is a bargain. Annual gym membership where I live is about £400 so compared to that it's much cheaper.

As for MyWhoosh I don't like who's pushing it. I make an active effort in life not to buy stuff made in China, UAE, Russia and other places with a dodgy track record on civil liberties. Main reason why I bought a bike manufactured in the EU.

Us who ride both outdoors and indoors of course have clothing for both and all seasons, so using that as "an excuse" for a price hike is irrelevant in my book. I get to pay more than I did before for the same, and see no real improvements to warrant it. They have layed off people and had tens of thousands of new customers since COVID, and yet they still want more per user. I don't (ever) go to the gym, so the "gym cost" for me is still zero. So comparing the prices of Zwift vs. gym is irrelevant (for me).

Developing for 1 user or 1.000.000 users cost about the same. Running the backend servers for the game costs more - but not 1 million times more! It is like they are saying, that the thousands we have already paid over the years, is ONLY for access to the game and not for maintaining the game with new stuff, bugfixes etc., backend costs and what not???

Avoiding stuff made in China is neigh impossible, unless you check every single item in your household. For instance we have 2 different brands of toothpaste, the "expensive" Colgate one was made in China and the private label one (REMA 1000) was made in India. Finding a (carbon) bike frame made in Europe is not any easier I guess?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
its a win 11 laptop but when i tried to install there was an issue

"An issue". ^_^ Install problems happens on all PCs sometimes, no matter what app you are trying to install. Because you have "an issue" it doesn't mean it isn't supported, unless it specifically says so! You might need to update/download a driver, DirectX or some other stuff.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Was anyone planning to race Friday smash this week?
I haven't set it up yet, but can if people want it.
I haven't raced for a week and enjoying being outside. Considering maybe having a break for a while.

I need to request the race probably today though if it's going ahead.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned MyWhoosh. Apart from the naff name, it looks like the rising star to me. Anyone tried it?

Most of the people mentioning it on the discord servers I read get accosted by other people saying it's Sportswashing.
I have no idea or opinion about that, but several have said the physics on MyWhoosh is horrible.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Most of the people mentioning it on the discord servers I read get accosted by other people saying it's Sportswashing.
I have no idea or opinion about that, but several have said the physics on MyWhoosh is horrible.

Do we know where Zwift is programmed? Most (bigger) companies outsource such tasks if possible.

If you want the best physics go to RGT, erh I mean indieVelo, indieVelo graphics is still meh (like the Magic roads were on RGT), but a lot of other stuff is way ahead of the others (including Zwift), especially for event/race organizers.

13 rider

Guru
Was anyone planning to race Friday smash this week?
I haven't set it up yet, but can if people want it.
I haven't raced for a week and enjoying being outside. Considering maybe having a break for a while.

I need to request the race probably today though if it's going ahead.
I will be travelling back from a holiday so won't be on the start line and probably will do very little zwift riding now the weather's getting better so would not be a regular

Top Bottom