Woman convicted of manslaughter after swearing and gesturing at 77 year old cyclist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Watching the footage many times my personal feeling is that she did push the lady on the bike...but we'll never know for sure and it's done and dusted now.

If she did she sure got lucky with the CCTV placement as it was.
What makes you think you have seen the full footage that the jury saw ?

Alex321

Veteran
No - just in areas where the default is not the situation - like a 40 in a built up area or a 50 on a country road

so, if we assume that the default is that the pavement is for walkers - then a cycle path should have some sort of sign every x meters

of course - that will cost time and money
probably starting with trying to find out what paths are cycle paths and which as not from the look of it!!

The speed limit repeater signs don't have any specified distance, they must just be "regular". I suspect they already do have similar wording regarding shared use paths.

Reactions: mjr
I read somewhere that the full video has not been released as it showed things they though should remain private

e.g. the actual point where the car hit the woman - which both the victims family and the car driver would not want chucked all over the WWW

not sure how that affects the judgement - but the implication in the article was that the jury saw the whole thing and it was clearer when you saw it all

Sorry - can't find the relelvant link -t was a while ago that I read it

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I read somewhere that the full video has not been released as it showed things they though should remain private

e.g. the actual point where the car hit the woman - which both the victims family and the car driver would not want chucked all over the WWW
Yes, it was widely reported that the CCTV released by the media was edited so as not to show the impact with the car.

Well, front-page-and-page-5 adding up to whole broadsheet page in the Sunday Times today, seemingly prompted by announcements of appeal...

notmyrealnamebutclose

Motorist don't want us on the road's and pedestrians don't want us on the pavement's

I know it's too late for the poor lady but if you decide to ride on a narrow pavement by a
busy road try to take the inside space so that any nutters can't force you into the path of any traffic

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I know it's too late for the poor lady but if you decide to ride on a narrow pavement by a
busy road try to take the inside space so that any nutters can't force you into the path of any traffic
So, you think Mrs Ward should have taken the near-certainty of being crashed into a metal fence instead of the chance that a motorist was passing?

Both crap choices, really.

Top Bottom