What TV are you watching?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Stonehenge doc with Dan Snow... I love anything about Stonehenge but oddly, there was no mention of the origins of the bluestones. Not that I need to be informed where they came from but strange that their journey from Wales got no mention at all. Otherwise worth a watch if you like that sort of thing.

 Bottom
Ritchie convinced that no-one likes him
Eddies does nothing to dissuade him of the fact
Rather curiously, they don't hit each other in that particular episode

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contest_(Bottom)

Last edited:
Passenger ITVX

It's billed as across between Twin Peaks and Happy Valley but I'd say its closer to Black Mirror. I hope there is a 2nd series.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Fallout (Amazon)

Based on the computer games series I'm a big fan of, its very good and if you like post apocalytic sci-fi its worth checking out.

I've just finished Fallout 4 and really enjoyed it, looking forward to the series.

Hopefully Preston Garvey doesn't keep interrupting every 5 minutes!

Chislenko

Veteran
For a light hearted bit of TV, Astrid, Murder in Paris is good. The lady who plays Astrid (who is autistic in the series) should get some kind of award for pulling it off.

I've just finished Fallout 4 and really enjoyed it, looking forward to the series.

Hopefully Preston Garvey doesn't keep interrupting every 5 minutes!

He doesn't lol. Its a new story set within the Fallout universe thats pretty faithful to whats been established.

Theres a free update for Fallout 4 coming later this month, if you fancied trying another character/ending that'd be the time to do it.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
For a light hearted bit of TV, Astrid, Murder in Paris is good. The lady who plays Astrid (who is autistic in the series) should get some kind of award for pulling it off.
Agreed. While it can be a bit bland as a police procedural, Sara Mortensen is terrific, and much of last week's episode included a dark look into Astrid's back story.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
He doesn't lol. Its a new story set within the Fallout universe thats pretty faithful to whats been established.

Theres a free update for Fallout 4 coming later this month, if you fancied trying another character/ending that'd be the time to do it.

That's what I got from the ad, and I'm glad about that. It rarely goes well when series try to adapt something exactly from games or books.

To be honest I'm not a serious enough gamer to want to play through it again. But I was wounded when I had to annihilate the Railroad after being pals with them for ages.

That's what I got from the ad, and I'm glad about that. It rarely goes well when series try to adapt something exactly from games or books.

To be honest I'm not a serious enough gamer to want to play through it again. But I was wounded when I had to annihilate the Railroad after being pals with them for ages.

Something happens in the series that has some fans very upset because if you take it one way it invalidates Fallout New Vegas, but it doesn't have to be taken that way and the shows creators have said it doesn't. Still internet drama eh! :laugh:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just finished watching Kin in I-Player.
Brilliant Irish drug gangster series.
Though I was a little bit bewildered at the ending. So many open ended plots going on. Hopefully there will be a third series but looking around the net. Not likely.

gbb

Legendary Member
Technically a Netflix series, The Gentlemen.
Typically and predictably Guy Ritchie format, stories with stories, lots of plots and sub plots, criminals, toffs all the usual stuff.
8 part series, currently at episode 3. Quite good, quite funny, quite violent, fairly predictable but well worth a watch if you like that format

Top Bottom