The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The old chestnut (to me, anyway) has arisen again
SWMBO is complaining about her Q3 being thirsty/expensive to run (2.0turbo-petrol, that I suggested not buying when she did)
She's once more, wanting (essentially);
1. Me to sell my Kodiaq/px it for an automatic, as she won’t drive due to it being a manual (I'd very seriously consider an Octavia Scout!)

2. Sell the Q3, & buy a smaller automatic, as a 'runabout', seeing as the Q3 is superfluous, as the 'van is on a site (Fabia??)

A neighbour has just got a Yeti, apparently to replace a FIAT 500, & SWMBO likes the look of it!! :notworthy: (the Yeti, not the 500)
Hmm, a nice Tdi, 4x4 model springs to my mind............ :dry:

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
The old chestnut (to me, anyway) has arisen again
SWMBO is complaining about her Q3 being thirsty/expensive to run (2.0turbo-petrol, that I suggested not buying when she did)
She's once more, wanting (essentially);
1. Me to sell my Kodiaq/px it for an automatic (I'd very seriously consider an Octavia Scout!)
2. Sell the Q3, & buy a smaller automatic, as a 'runabout', seeing as the Q3 is superfluous, as the 'van is on a site (Fabia??)

A neighbour has just got a Yeti, apparently to replace a FIAT 500, & SWMBO likes the look of it!! :notworthy: (the Yeti, not the 500)
Hmm, a nice Tdi, 4x4 model springs to my mind............ :dry:

Visited Freinds with a top of the range fabia dsg and it really was nice, wasn't small car like at all!!

Late last night (23:30?), l had a slightly disjointed phone-call, from my mother to say they’d had a crash
It seemed that my father had driven into the back of a parked car, for whatever reason
(later breathalysed, at ‘0’)

So once l knew where (not far away from their home), l drove over
They were being checked up in one Ambo, their rear-seat passenger was on a spinal-board, being examined
(as l know of this time, presumed whiplash, & leg pain due to ‘flailing’ & shins hitting seat back/frame?)

She went off to Hospital, YAS crew were happy for my parents to go home & visit a Walk In Centre this AM, as mum has a skin-tear on shoulder from seat-belt
(wife’s taken them, as the Q3 is a bit lower, & she’s an ex-Nurse, so wants to listen to advice given)

Somehow, my father thinks it’s repairable:eek:
It is (or was?) a ‘68’ Fabia estate

The 'crumple-zones' did their job, as did seat-belts & air-bags

IMG_9968.jpeg

IMG_9971.jpeg

IMG_9970.jpeg

Bottom line; metal & plastic, a guilty conscience for my father for injuring a family friend

Last edited:
Received email :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
'22 - '23 premium; £230.24
'23 - '24 renewal quote; £298.72 :eek::eek::eek:

Another 30% rise, with no claims by/against
Shop around time again

Just read an email renewal notification
I actually got mine to £283.82 last year, on paying it
The quote for this coming year is £359.15, approximately a 25% increase (again)

Last edited:
Friday 24th

A friend who does some car-valeting has borrowed half of our garage to store items, during a house move, telling us to “use whatever you want”
I had a look through, & found some ‘Wheel Cleaner’ in a plant-spray bottle, so tried it, for their first clean since December

Blimey!!, 10 seconds saw most of the muck/brake-dust coming off, even without using a brush on it!

They look a lot better now
IMG_0162.jpeg

Last edited:
Owned 3 years today!

Photographed on the day of collection
It’s never been as clean again, & the insurance has gone up considerably, as has everyones?
(£220 fully comp, in that first year)

It was showing 32,945 miles upon collection
As of yesterday, it’s got to 54,837
So, that’s 21,892 miles

In the past year, between MOT tests (March), it only covered about 5,600 miles
That included a long weekend in Edinburgh, a week in Cumbria, & a couple of trips to Morecambe, several airport trips’ to Ringways
I wonder if l’ll own it as long as l did (its predecessor) the Octavia estate, l had that for over 9 years

PL67 DVZ. 1.jpg

The Octavia went into the garage after this shot, as it was waiting for a buyer to collect
Joanne still had the Toyota C-HR here
The liquid on the ground by the rear wheel was due to my filling it up with AdBlue, then spilling it down the side, thus that's water from washing it all off
PL67 DVZ. 3.jpg

Taken this morning

IMG_0260.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom