The Lego Thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Not quite as sophisticated a product as other posts here but here is my latest Lego purchase.

4EEF4EA7-7799-4C92-83A5-57E2AB5A0208.jpeg

Casper1978

Regular
Hello. One thing I have found useful during lockdown is building Lego.
I found myself suffering from anxiety and this helps! I got myself a Classic Lego set and I am now building lots of different models.
Does anyone else on here use Lego? I always loved it as a child. There's loads of ideas online.
Please post some pics fellow Lego modellers!

View attachment 526287

I like old meccano , which I still build , I built Lego also as a kid . Very satisfying . Keep the pics coming 👍

Johnno260

Veteran
Has anyone else used the actual Lego site to order kits?

I placed an order over 24hrs ago and it still says “just placed” and nothing else appears to have progressed.

I tried the live chat but it’s always a bot.

Jameshow

Veteran

I placed an order over 24hrs ago and it still says “just placed” and nothing else appears to have progressed.

What did you order PM me and I'll see if I can help...!🤔🤔🤔

Willd

Veteran

Yes, as they were giving away a "free" set with the Van Gough Starry Night set I got for my daughter's birthday. I remember a lot of emails and it came in 2 deliveries, but apart from that there were no noticeable issues.:okay: A lot of the sites offering it slightly cheaper looked pretty scammy :rolleyes:

Jameshow

Veteran
It was the Optimus Prime kit, they reduced the price and it come down to what I had saved haha

Did you get it?

icowden

Veteran
I keep trying to bid for the Saturn V on EBay but get outbid at the last minute, it’s a very popular kit.
It's an excellent kit. I'm trying to keep persuading my daughter to start the space shuttle. She's had it for 3 years this Christmas I think. There's going to have to be some sort of statute of limitations...

Dadam

I love Lego but tend to do most of the building for my son (11). He has enough bricks to start a shop! I bought a couple of huge organiser cases last year and sorted 99% of it. Now I'd probably need to add another 2 of the same to hold it all. He inherited his sister's collection and since he was little all the relatives know he's into Lego so each Christmas and birthday he'll get a half a dozen kits.
Mainly Star Wars or Lego City (police, construction etc) with the odd Minecraft and Marvel.

He'll play with the models a while, generally a week or two at least but then will generally dismantle them and build something from his imagination. I confess I felt lightly disappointed at first when he did that with the TIE fighter model I got him for 10th birthday and spent hours building, but far better that than a standard toy that's played with for 5 minutes and then left, to be eventually binned. We keep all the instruction books so have the option to rebuild anything. He now also has a literal small army of the minifigures! :biggrin:

He went through a phase of building interpretations of the big Star Wars ships like the imperial star destroyers, but we had to veto buying him the giant UCS sets!

Toward the back end of lockdown I treated myself to this one though: https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/nasa-apollo-11-lunar-lander-10266, and a custom display case.

Top Bottom