The Floppies’ tour of the East Anglia coast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_in_France

Mr. & Mrs Floppy are two old Dahon Speeds, adapted for touring, that take Mrs B and I on various adventures.

Various family obligations and national vacations coincided and we found ourselves returning to the UK for 10 days at the beginning of May this year. When Mrs. B suggested that we spend five days exploring her old holiday destinations along the East Anglian coast, I jumped at the opportunity to propose a short bicycle tour. With multiple rail journeys, the Floppy’s were pressed into service.

I am pleased (and a little embarrassed) to report that:
a) the bicycles held up better than our legs (but we did ride 360km)
b) very embarrassed to admit that I still can’t navigate, even with RideWithGPS AND cycle.travel combined,
c) East Anglia is truely delightful and easy cycling, but
d) accomodation in the UK is #@&!ed expensive - whatever happened to the good old, affordable, B&B ?

If people are interested, I can add a few more posts with pictures and more details of the ride.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0968.jpeg
    IMG_0968.jpeg
    272 KB · Views: 23

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Yes please! More info and pics please.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I like your luggage solutions. I have a similar Dahon which has been really useful over the years for train and work trips but carrying stuff is tricky with heel rub at the back and a floppy steering post. I’ve done up to 20 mile rides but am impressed you’ve done a full tour!

Top Bottom