The 2022 Half Century (50km or 50M) a month challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Welcome to the 8th edition of the half century a month challenge
This thread is just for chatting about the challenge the challenge thread will be up for the 1st Jan
The challenge is a popular as ever and it seems the 2021 challenge worked out how it should by compelling riders to be out riding when otherwise wouldn't have been, it's addictive isn't it
I once again be acting as general task master ,encouraging and some say bullying you along and Trying to keep everyone in order
Good luck everyone who enters may 2022 be a good cycling year

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
I only joined the site in the middle of the year, so haven't taken part in this before.

But will definitely be trying for at least the 50Km ride every month. I haven't yet done a 50 mile ride at all, so trying for one a month of those might be a tad ambitious :smile:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Hi @Alex321 ,the minimum required to complete the challenge is 1 50km ride a month ,50m is just an optional extra as you get fitter .Some people challenge themselves to do both distance once a month but this is optional as your just challenging yourself .
There is a point based tally 1 point or 50km and 2 for 50m etc but it's not a competition the idea is complete the first year then you have points total to beat for some extra motivation works for some , others just ride and don't count points it's up to you
Throw your hat in the ring and I'm sure you will enjoy it . We are a friendly bunch mainly

Last edited:

Osprey

Guru
Count me in. It’s just the motivation I need 👍

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Apart from the ludicrous task I have set myself in recent times by endeavouring to post the first ride of the month, I am (without the aid of alcohol, but that might be rectified after posting this) will state that I intend to go for a 50 point year in 2022.
There, I'm committed to attempting it now. Or, at least, I should be committed ...
Good luck, everyone!

Top Bottom