That @!#$%*** shoulder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zeffer

Über Member
Sounds awful. Hope you’re sorted soon.

OP
OP
DCBassman

DCBassman

Guru
Well, I can't justify going through A&E really (and don't wish to sit there all day as minimum priority triage), and there's only an appointment with the "extended mode" physio available. Next Monday.
Quiet week, then...
The only upside to all of this is my slowly improving ambidexterity...

Globalti

Legendary Member
You don't need to go to A&E, you can go to Urgent Care next to A&E. Tell them you've had a sudden increase in pain and you think the joint has failed and you'll get an x-ray.

OP
OP
DCBassman

DCBassman

Guru
You don't need to go to A&E, you can go to Urgent Care next to A&E. Tell them you've had a sudden increase in pain and you think the joint has failed and you'll get an x-ray.
We do not have such a thing here. Still 1960s in some respects! And, @vickster , GPs are firmly in chocolate tea cup territory. Monday it is, but I've dug out a sling...

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you contacted the surgeon’s secretary (contact details usually on consultants page on hospital website or go through switchboard). You might be able to access a colleague or registrar that way?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think that's serious enough to go to A&E, what if blood flow get's cut off ?
Most DVTs (like mine) are in legs but a friend of my brother-in-law got one in an arm a couple of weeks ago due to restricting the circulation in the arm!

PS Good luck, Bassman.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I personally wouldn't wait getting in touch with a medical person, especially the difficulties you've had with your joint. Don't tough it out.

icowden

Veteran
We do not have such a thing here. Still 1960s in some respects! And, @vickster , GPs are firmly in chocolate tea cup territory. Monday it is, but I've dug out a sling...

You do (kind of) - Tavistock hospital Minor Injuries Unit - they can check it, x-ray it and refer you into the main hospital if needed.

Top Bottom