Tea or Coffee

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Ever wondered why people think that a darker and stronger roast contains more caffeine. Well in the process of making a cup of coffee there is hardly any difference in caffeine levels between a light roast and a dark roast.
For any given number of coffee beans; after roasting the lighter roast mass will be more than the darker roast as each bean for the darker roast will have less water content. Therefore measuring out ground darker roast coffee into the small bowl for the coffee machine will have more beans than a lighter roast. Although bean for bean the lighter roast retains more caffeine this has the effect of equaling it out. With me on this? I thought not:wacko:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Tea for me. So hard to get a good cup of coffee.

Tea for me - and plenty of it! :cuppa: Milk, no sugar, preferably English Breakfast, but quite partial to Assam, Earl Grey, a good quality Green or even a Chai.

Oh, and I like my own herbal blends as well. Peppermint first thing in the morning, a chamomile and lavender last thing at night, and a nettle when I want a pick-me-up. Cold peppermint tea is so refreshing at the height of summer.

I'll have the very occasional coffee (one large sugar, sometimes with milk, sometimes black), but it has to be decaf, else you'll be peeling me off the ceiling... :wacko:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I like things to be as simple as possible.
Tea comes in the form of a teabag in a mug with no sugar and a little milk. Or when I'm out in a cafe or something.
Coffee at home consists of a nescafe sachet which contains the coffee, sugar and milk all in one. We discovered those when we started camping. I have one of those bosch coffee pod things but I find it pricy to keep topping up and the waste involved for one mug :eek:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A recent hospital stay reminds me how not to make tea. At random intervals a trolley came round offering tea or coffee. Despite my repeated requests the tea was such that a spoon could stand up on its own in the mug. Never had the nerve to ask for coffee. At home I use a machine which uses ground coffee and makes rather nice espresso.

If your first tipple of the day is tea then you are not a coffee drinker no matter how many or how good your coffee.
For me it is coffee in the morning and after lunch and tea in the evening. Usually green tea or normal tea brewed for s second with no milk or sugar. I have had my Chinese and Japanese students bring all manner of special teas including pu' er

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu'er_tea

Salar

A fish out of water
I also drink quite a lot of herbal tea, chamomile and hibiscus.

Used to drink nettle tea, but it's quite high in potassium so stopped that.

Tried Matcha for a few weeks, does what it says by making you alert, but don't drink too much as you will be xx(

johnblack

Über Member
Cannot quite make my mind up which bit of that statement I am most envious of!

is it:

a) that you have a wife who goes out to work, whilst you lie in bed
or
b) that you have a wife who brings you tea in bed

Enjoy! ;)
I will clarify my statement, she leaves before I do, unfortunately I still have to go to work. But I have a cup of tea in bed before I get up, I recommend it to everyone.

The weekends are a bit of a lottery, if neither of us have any plans, I will make the tea (it seems only fair) but she'll make it if she is going out for a run first thing. She never makes me breakfast which is a constant point of friction.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

If you want to get a legal performance enhancer then drink coffee 20/30 minutes before you start the event. Or you could take caffeine pills available in supermarkets.

So many more different ways to make coffee than tea. Tea is a bit samey.

Tea for me, but the Thais are clueless about it all, apart from green tea and iced tea. I always bring back teabags from the UK, Yorkshire and Thompsons being my choice. I only have coffee as a last resort, usually an Americano, but can't say I enjoy the experience. Was proud of the fact I'd never been in a Starbucks until recently - Mrs Crank had a business meeting in one, and would've been rude if I hadn't tagged along. It was a nice cup of tea in fact, but shocked at the price - glad I wasn't paying.....:blink:

Julia9054

Guru
Tea and tea only. No idea how anyone drinks coffee...xx(
You are wrong. Tea is gross and yukky. Coffee for me please (not that instant crap tho, can't drink that)
Only time I drank tea was when i was pregnant when i got a craving for it and totally went off coffee. Normally was restored as soon as i gave birth when the midwife asked me if I wanted a nice cup of tea.
Ewwww, no thanks!

Top Bottom