Swiss Army Knifeless..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
All a bit sad.
When I was at school every boy had a penknife which had a multitude of uses. I do have a SAK as we sold them in our shop but I prefer an Opinel as I have never had any use for the tools.
On the farm we preferred sheath knives as getting anything open with cold wet fingers was not easy.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I’ve got one of these. I suppose I could break off the blade.
IMG_5219.jpeg

numbnuts

Legendary Member
All a bit sad.
When I was at school every boy had a penknife which had a multitude of uses. I do have a SAK as we sold them in our shop but I prefer an Opinel as I have never had any use for the tools.
On the farm we preferred sheath knives as getting anything open with cold wet fingers was not easy.

I like the Opinel too
1715176216992.jpeg

Punkawallah

Über Member
The corkscrew is prohibited in some jurisdictions due to its pointiness. Following the current chain of logic, the ultimate legal Swiss Army Knife will be reduced to just a handle!

The handle of its own will then be declared an offensive weapon (yarawa/kubota), and they will be reduced to selling logos.

postman

Legendary Member
I don't know why they're bothering. My hands are registered as lethal weapons all on they're own.
Hong Kong Phooey,all i need is a couple of tubs of mushy peas.Don't even have to raise a finger as they go down turning green.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I was aware of that but my point was that blades in general are forbidden in many areas causing I suspect many people to be breaking the law.

Indeed - a sad reflection of the fact that people increasingly feel the need to stab each other, and the corresponding will of our overlords to use this as an excuse to rid everyone of increasingly basic and fundamental aspects of self-reliance and agency :sad:

Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Indeed - a sad reflection of the fact that people increasingly feel the need to stab each other, and the corresponding will of our overlords to use this as an excuse to rid eveyone on increasingly basic and fundamental aspects of self-reliance and agency :sad:

One side effect it had on scuba divers. I had a large sharp knife strapped to my leg as indeed did all of us. If you got caught on say a rope underwater it could be a lifesaver. The police eventually allowed us to have knives but we were not allowed to wear them until a moment before we entered to water. Not very handy and if boat diving ignored anyway.

Top Bottom