Specailized Sirrus Comp Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
Has anyone on here that has this bike experianced any problems with there rear wheels?

On my journey home last night i noticed that my rear wheel was wobbling from side to side like no tomorrow.

On inspection when i got home the rim seems to be splite at the nipple on every other spoke all the way around it. In some places it is really bad.

I have only had the bike for about 4 months and with all my things is looked after and cared for very well. I have spoken to Cycle Surgery about this as this is where i bought the bike and will be dropping it in to them at the start of next week to be sent back to see if it can be replaced under warranty.

I have had NO off on this bike and it is very well cared for.

In the mean time i have had to commute in on my other bike from Bromley which is not ideal.

If you spot me on the bike pictured below give me a wave and wish me luck as its hard work up the hill on the way home.

Maz

Guru
Rim's splitting after only 4 months? Definitely take it back to the shop!
I've had a Spesh Sirrus Elite for 2 years-ish. Never had problems with the rims.

OP
OP
potnoodle

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
I also think it should be done under warranty. Will be dropping it of next week on Monday as that is my last day at work before the christmas holidays.

Hope the will sort it as normally Specialized warrantys are second to non.

greenlake

I had constant problems with the spokes breaking on my sirrus. And have since heard many stories of others having the same problems. I eventually got some Mavic Aksiums - they have been perfect. I would recommend asking them for a reduction on an upgrade.

Maz

Guru
greenlake said:
I had constant problems with the spokes breaking on my sirrus. And have since heard many stories of others having the same problems. I eventually got some Mavic Aksiums - they have been perfect. I would recommend asking them for a reduction on an upgrade.
How old's your Sirrus? Mine are Alex rims (I think) and never had problems.
Having just said that, I have never ever checked my spokes to see if they are loose or not...

OP
OP
potnoodle

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
Was not the spokes on mine that have broken. They are all intact and straight. Its the rim itself that has split really badly in places. Ill take a couple of pictures tonight if i get a chance.

Would it mater that in the 4 months that i have had the bike i have clocked up 2000 miles going to work and back?

potnoodle said:
Would it mater that in the 4 months that i have had the bike i have clocked up 2000 miles going to work and back?

Nope.

OP
OP
potnoodle

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
mickle said:

Was not sure. Not had a road bike for years. More of a MTB bloke.

Used to riding the big bike in the picture and giving it all sorts of abuse and it just comes back and asks for more.

Potholes in London today were not a problem:biggrin:

OP
OP
potnoodle

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
I have just dropped the wheel in to the shop. Guy tried to tell me that its a bit grey for the wheels.

Said he goes through 4 set of wheels a year!!! IF im only to get 4 months out of a set of wheels that come on a bike that cost near on £700 then that is poor.

Am hoping Specailized see them and just swap them over.

Not looking forward to having to buy a new wheel if thats going to be the case.
Guy in shop reacons i need to spend about £100 on one rear wheel. If thats going to then only last me 5 months too i will be more than a little PI**** !!!!

Top Bottom