South West London Women CC Group**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
(**we'll come up with a better name later!)

We seem to have accidentally formed a small cycling group. There's four of us, all women, all in south west London. No form or structure yet, just a conversation in our inboxes. Three of us are meeting for the first time on Saturday morning in Kingston.

Saturday's ride will be a gentle, getting-to-know-you pootle with cake, though in the future more intense or longer journeys may happen.

If you are of the XX persuasion and can get get to Kingston mid Saturday morning, please send me a message, or follow up below.

If you can't get there this time, but are still interested, then still get in touch and we'll add you to the conversation.

Thanks

joan

(inevitable complaints about sexism can follow too, if you must)

sheddy

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
Nothing to stop you riding down or hopping on the train with the bike...if you meet the membership criteria...

Like cake, cycle slowly, and are female or closely in touch with your pootling, cake-eating feminine side ;)

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
[required comment about cake] This ride is cakeist! What about all those who can't stand eating cake, or can't even be in close proximity to someone who is eating cake? xx(

vickster

Legendary Member
[required comment about cake] This ride is cakeist! What about all those who can't stand eating cake, or can't even be in close proximity to someone who is eating cake? xx(
You have no right to be in proximity to a bicycle if you don't like cake!!

(inevitable complaints about sexism can follow too, if you must)

A women-only group? No doubt the Daily Mail would hold this up as another example of the Islamification of Britain ^_^
Yup, that's the one!

vickster

Legendary Member
Lovely ride, super weather, lots of deer! Cheers both, jefmcg I owe you a couple of coffees...next time let's try a hill (although ABV did ride up Kingston Hill)! Maybe let's aim for better than a 7mph (11kmh ;) ) average, I may need to bring the plastic bike :ohmy:

Looking forward to the next run...we certainly need a name for the group - SWLLP&CCC (SouthWest London Ladies Pootling & Coffee Cycling Club) - catchy eh :tongue:

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I certainly did ride up Kingston Hill and freewheeled down the other side shouting 'wheeeee' as I went ^_^ Whoever thought up the cycle track from that busy dual carriageway down through Putney Park (I think) should be bloody shot though as the surface was horrific and there were no signs at all.

Around 23 miles clocked up, one lovely pretzel, one huge slice of cake, lots of deer and a really nice day out in the sun. Can't wait to do it all again! :hyper:

Top Bottom