So how many recumbent riders have we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
Nifty!

If only I had a garage...

Arch

Married to Night Train
There's something about the way that fariring is perched up quite high (I know the anthrotech is a very upright recumbent), that makes it look even more like the nose and cabin of an aeroplane grafted onto a bike!

Cool!

And Copenhagen... Lovely city. Would very much like to go back one day, or live there... So many bikes!

byegad

Legendary Member
Azub-4 81 speed Streamer Fairing
Trice QNT Extra wide tyres and gear range

Fiona N

Veteran
BentMikey said:
Did you ever get everything sorted properly by Kinetics after that disaster you posted about?

Oh yes - once the correct sized front disk was on and the brakes cable adjusted so that the steering wasn't fouled (and some proper gear shifters - twist shift combined with USS is, IMHO, not a goer unless you live somewhere gear changes are required only infrequently). Many happy miles under the wheels since then - although I do still fall off a lot xx( (Nothing to do with Kinetics, of course).

The best mod has been some short cranks put on late in 2006. That improved my pedalling no end and I'd definitely recommend it to others - especially we more vertically challenged riders. I had a really interesting session at Cyclefit in London too. That was before I put the short (155mm) cranks on but the thing which came out of the analysis was that placement of the bottom bracket is actually too low for my leg proportions and the seat position and means that I can't use my hamstrings properly in the pedalling cycle. Nothing I can do about it on the SpM but I know what to look out for in the next 'bent I buy :ohmy:

Work, the horrible summer weather and a knee injury (not cycling related) has meant that I haven't really got much mileage in this last year (and most of that was on a mtb - changed to a very small frame - what a difference a couple of inches (off) makes ;)) but we live in hope for this year.

Thanks everybody for the welcome 'back'. I had to move over here as Rob S has moved the Century a Month challenge too.

mcd

That is a long bike - I thought my LSWB was long at 88 inches (2.24m)!

Top Bottom