Show us yer BBQ kit, food, and share recipes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
First attempt at pizza with the new Ooni Karu wood fired pizza oven. Never cooked a pizza over fire before today.
Margarita
Pepperoni
Nduja & chilli flakes
Not a bad first attempt, dough was a bit thick, I was worried it would rip as I was stretching it but it obviously needs to be thinner, but that will come with more practice I hope.
Tasted great though!
View attachment 593271

View attachment 593273

View attachment 593274
View attachment 593275
View attachment 593276
Looks like a good maiden voyage!
May I recommend a good pizza dough recipe and method? I use this regularly and it never fails to deliver the best pizza I have ever made. It’s time-consuming but worth it. For a pizza oven you can get away with a drier dough as it is only in there so briefly - this also helps with dough handling on the peel. The overnight proving really develops the gluten and provides a robust dough that will go really thin without tearing (so long as you are careful). Other tips include putting the mozzarella on part-way through the bake, to avoid the Neapolitan sin of brown spots (apparently brown spots on the dough is expected but never on the cheese!).

The same dough recipe can be used wherever a dough is required - ciabatta, focaccia etc. I use it to make flatbreads for use with kofta/kebab style things.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Time for breakfast

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Plancha and fryer have now been moved to a new area and given me 2mtrs of work space for chopping, plating and serving

Last edited:

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Pork fillet wrapped in bacon with homemade sausages separating, baked Camembert, roast pots and in the background a cucumber, garlic and sour cream salad … excuse the ‘hair garnish’ at SW on the plate - I was all out of parsley :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
uh oh Wifey bought us a Weber gas grill even tho I just bought 2 bags of charcoal for the Weber charcoal grill. grrr now we have 2 grills for me to manage on our tiny patio. she claims you don't have to clean a gas grill & all her friends support that theory. that's digusting. it may be easier & faster to use cuz we don't have to juggle the coals, but not cleaning it? has anyone cooked a swordfish steak with oily dressing lately? it's a delicious meal but super messy. if it all goes on the coals, so what, you just burn it up or chuck them. but a gas grill's bottom gets covered in that mess. I don't care what kind of drip tray you have hanging underneath, it's job to clean up
None of these are issues with a Cobb :-)

Top Bottom